Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Cooks Little Birdhouse

Options
  • 07-04-2015 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Having been away from running for quite a while I thought it was a good idea to set up a log to put some structure around the reporting of my running. More for my own discipline than anything else.

Friday - 5k at 5.37 pace - Second run in 2015

Sunday - 5k at 5.12 pace

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

is that you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭The Officer

Tuesday - 5k at 5.23 pace.... Slow and legs weary from 3 runs in 5 days but the last time I did that was this time last year. Frustrating stuff but I have to keep at it and build up some leg strength again as well as the aerobics.

Friday - 5k at 5.20 pace. Ran this quite hard for a 26.40, only 8 minutes and 3 seconds off my PB ffs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Friday - 5k at 5.20 pace. Ran this quite hard for a 26.40, only 8 minutes and 3 seconds off my PB ffs!!
    Is dat 5:20 marathon or 50k pace

Sunday - 5k at 5.16 pace.... Slow progress but progress nonetheless.

• Advertisement

Tuesday — 5k at 5.12 pace. Warm evening and hadn't eaten since breakfast so felt a little shaky after... A bit like doing a 20 miler on an empty stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭DocQismyJesus

Tuesday — 5k at 5.12 pace. Warm evening and hadn't eaten since breakfast so felt a little shaky after... A bit like doing a 20 miler on an empty stomach.

In fairness you don't actually need food. #fatadaptation

So, last night I had a nightmare that I went swimming.... Cue the change back to imperial from metric!

Thursday - 4 miles at 8.49 pace

As this was a 25% increase in distance since my comeback I feel justified in calling this an MLR.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Aw. I was enjoying the metric.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

So, last night I had a nightmare that I went swimming.... Cue the change back to imperial from metric!

Thursday - 4 miles at 8.49 pace

As this was a 25% increase in distance since my comeback I feel justified in calling this an MLR.

Swimming would do you the power of good :p

P.S 4 miles is totally a MLR. Sure 10 is my LSR. The maths works ...... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Have you any (running) target in mind or are you going with the flow atm ?

kit3 wrote: »
    Have you any (running) target in mind or are you going with the flow atm ?

No targets at all kit other than running every alternate day for the next few weeks and see how I get on. If I can get back to a decent level of fitness I might join CL on one of her recovery runs ;)

Headed out to the Cabinteely Parkrun this morning to pace CL's sister to a Cabo PB... Great course for a solid training run. RD was MS, Timekeeper was Menopause and marshalling was CL.... A good ole boards reunion.

Missed running on Monday and Tuesday due to some crazy work commitments

Wednesday - 3 miles at 8.55 pace

Great news, my body fat is only 7%, I had it measured by a seventh son of a seventh son who checked it by putting an onion in my sock whilst I slept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Great news, my body fat is only 7%, I had it measured by a seventh son of a seventh son who checked it by putting an onion in my sock whilst I slept.
    Dead reliable then :D

Friday - Fat alert.... I put on my god awful green Star Performer DCM top and assumed it was CL's XS one.... Unfortunately it wasn't!

3 miles at 8.24 pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Friday - Fat alert.... I put on my god awful green Star Performer DCM top and assumed it was CL's XS one.... Unfortunately it wasn't!

3 miles at 8.24 pace

I hear you can measure your fatness by slapping your arse ;)

Saturday - BHAA RTE 5 mile. First race since my return, as I haven't run further than 4 miles in about 6 months the plan was a safe 8.30/mile average. I opted to try something a little more aggressive by the time i got to the start line. It all went well and I ran comfortably for a 38.36.

Sunday - Up early to track Meno and the Turd in London. PB for the latter and a gutsy run from Meno despite the cramping. Did 4 recovery miles at 9.07 pace.

A 3 day running streak :)

Advertisement