Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 online down

Options
  • 07-04-2015 12:23pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK, so what is the excuse today?

Can't log in to 365 online, it keeps bouncing back to the start of the process.

And NO, before you come back with all the usual excuses and actions, this is a NEW Win 8.1 machine that's never been on the BOI online site before, so there's no cookies, or other garbage in the cache that needs cleaning out, and it's got the latest version of Firefox AND Java on it, so this is looking very much like yet another issue for Bank of Ireland to get sorted.

NOT IMPRESSED.

Fortunately, I also have a smartphone, with the BOI app loaded, and guess what, that worked first time, so that just adds to the suspicions that there's something very much wrong at your end with the way that the application is validatiing my user information. It's bounced me at least 6 times now, sometimes before I even get to entering the PIN data, other times after the entry, and it's not due to delaying at my end.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Irish Steve

Thanks for getting in touch today.

The BOI365 Online Website requires the use of cookies. If you are using Firefox you can find out how to change your cookie preferences here

We hope this helps, please come back to us if you have any further difficulties.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Website not working for me either. eMobile/Eircom and UPC.

"This page can’t be displayed"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Website not working for me either. eMobile/Eircom and UPC.

"This page can’t be displayed"
    Hi Adelaide Drab Leg,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties logging on to 365 Online. Can I ask you to try to login again and let me know if you continue to get this error message?

Thanks
    Nicola

Appears to be back working now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Thanks for coming back to me.

I changed nothing here and the system started working later in the morning, so clearly there was an issue somewhere in the BOI end of things.

I'm well aware that the BOI site needs cookies, my point was that as this (new) machine had never been on the BOI site before, there was no way that there were going to be any cookies, or expired sessions, or any of the other things in the cache that are normally the first line of response to getting things to work.

Hopefully, someone somewhere at BOI is noticing the ongoing issues, and will be making appropriate reports to the management about the issues that need to be addressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Thanks for coming back to me.

I changed nothing here and the system started working later in the morning, so clearly there was an issue somewhere in the BOI end of things.

I'm well aware that the BOI site needs cookies, my point was that as this (new) machine had never been on the BOI site before, there was no way that there were going to be any cookies, or expired sessions, or any of the other things in the cache that are normally the first line of response to getting things to work.

Hopefully, someone somewhere at BOI is noticing the ongoing issues, and will be making appropriate reports to the management about the issues that need to be addressed.
    Hi Irish Steve,

Thanks for your reply. 

Glad to hear you have logged in successfully. We will always pass on feedback that we receive here on Boards and will certainly pass on your comments to our Online team.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Website was down on Sat morning.  Tried an Eircom connection and a UPC connection, different PCs.

Could not get on today at approx. 13:15 (Eircom and eMobile), yet it is back working now at 13:26

Only connection I can see is that the machines being used are Win8.1 IE 11.

Also get random TLS error messages on some attempts:

"This page can’t be displayed
    Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings" etc.

(they are all enabled already btw)

Yet if I refresh 5 mins later, the error disappears.

Any ideas BOI reps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Website was down on Sat morning.  Tried an Eircom connection and a UPC connection, different PCs.

Could not get on today at approx. 13:15 (Eircom and eMobile), yet it is back working now at 13:26

Only connection I can see is that the machines being used are Win8.1 IE 11.

Also get random TLS error messages on some attempts:

"This page can’t be displayed
    Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings" etc.

(they are all enabled already btw)

Yet if I refresh 5 mins later, the error disappears.

Any ideas BOI reps?
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Adelaide Drab Leg, [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]We have checked this with our Online Team and we can confirm that Banking 365 Online should now be operating as normal. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]If you continue to get an Error message we would advise you to call Banking 365 0818 365 365 while you have Online access and a representative can look into this further for you. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks again, [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Tara C [/font]

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

this one was possibly not down to BOI, Microsoft were updating patches in the last few days, and from what I can see of it, they turned off settings that are needed for the BOI apps to work in IE, I'm away at the moment, and a colleague had exactly the same issue here, we had to go into advanced settings in IE options, and turn the relevant settings back on again.

Yeah I spotted that alright Irish Steve. The TLS error I put down to MS but I was getting it randomly this morning. So BOI must have been able to 'fix' it on their end.

Saturday it was just giving a page cannot be displayed.

Back working (for) now anyway. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The BOI app is intermittently down but I can get in to the website directly no problem. Definitely something up with the App though from time to time

Is 365online down AGAIN? Cannot get to it from Eircom, eMobile or Vodafone connection.

Edit: And now it's back.

Can I get a comment from the reps please? Why is the website down so much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Is 365online down AGAIN? Cannot get to it from Eircom, eMobile or Vodafone connection.

Edit: And now it's back.

Can I get a comment from the reps please? Why is the website down so much?
    Hi Adelaide Drab Leg

Sorry to hear this.

For us to investigate this further with our Online Team, could you let us know the server you are trying to log on to (there will be a letter and number in the bottom left corner of the login page) and also the browser and device you are using? 

Thanks for the assistance, hope to hear from you soon.

Alison

Win 8.1 IE11 + Chrome, Win 7 IE11, Android 5 Chrome

The login page wasn't showing, so I'm not sure how I can give you the server information.

Now that I can login, it's showing as J8 on the login screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi ProjectMoose, 

Thank you very much for the additional information. 

We have forwarded this to our Online Team to assist with their investigation. 

If we can help with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

Advertisement