Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile over VOIP

Options
  • 07-04-2015 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Thinking of taking out a BF package for UK/Ire mobile calls €29+vat. Waiting to hear back but can anyone confirm if your out of Ireland and someone calls does your phone ring foreign ring tone.

Also I see their cost for ringing Euro landlines/mobile but anyone have a link/know what their charges are for calling from Europe back to Ireland. This package includes unlimited data, how does this work if your away in Europe and use it. I know other operators have X amount usage for when your at home and then bill you separately for when your outside of Ireland.

How does mobile over VOIP work, I understand the concept for Landlines where your calls get routed via your homebroadband.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

cubix wrote: »
    Thinking of taking out a BF package for UK/Ire mobile calls €29+vat. Waiting to hear back but can anyone confirm if your out of Ireland and someone calls does your phone ring foreign ring tone.

Also I see their cost for ringing Euro landlines/mobile but anyone have a link/know what their charges are for calling from Europe back to Ireland. This package includes unlimited data, how does this work if your away in Europe and use it. I know other operators have X amount usage for when your at home and then bill you separately for when your outside of Ireland.

How does mobile over VOIP work, I understand the concept for Landlines where your calls get routed via your homebroadband.

Blueface Mobile uses Three's infrastructure and essentially VoIP doesn't come into play. It's just a regular mobile service like Vodafone or Meteor.

In terms of VoIP, every provider uses VoIP in some form to handle phone calls, but the customer doesn't need to do anything. Blueface integrate your mobile into your existing account to share voicemails and internal calling. It's like another extension, similar to Vodafone OneNet Express.

Not sure about roaming charges, you would need to ask them regardign that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I had my mobile with them for a while. Coverage was dire. Generally find 3 gives very poor coverage.
    Found it hard to get 3g in town never mind 4g

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Three seem to be better in rural areas. Personally I find Vodafone the best for coverage, much more reliable and they didn't go down this week. I find the quality of Three to be much poorer, but hopefully with the O2 merger the quality will improve. I found O2 and Tesco fine to deal with whenever I needed to. Their call centres are in the same building.

Advertisement