Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens - Accommodation

• 07-04-2015 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I'm starting a MSc Software Development in Queens this September & was hoping to gather some people to share a house, as I don't know a soul in Belfast.

About me:
    Im 22 female, will be 23 by September, so I was hoping to share with students or professionals within the ages of 21-26, or if anyone needs one more person to fill a house they're interested in, Im your girl ;D I've lived with all lads (four & myself) throughout my undergrad, so if it were a case of all lads, Im happy if you're happy with it. I'm free spirited person, dont mind smokers, couples or pets, I like to go out once a week academia permitting, I surf, enjoy tasty music, I'm neat & tidy, like to get my work done during the day & chill in the evening.

If anyone has any advice for a newbie in Queens, the lifestyle, places I could figure out accommodation etc. I'm all ears (eyes in this case).

Best Accommodation Option for 23 y.o. Student doing MSc in Queens 1 vote

Stranmills
    0% 0 votes
    Holylands
    0% 0 votes
    Campus Accommodation - Elms Village
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jabberwocky_I

Congrats on getting onto the MSc Software Dev. A friend of mine did this course last year and she seemed to really enjoy it.

I completed my MA there last year, although it was in a different discipline. It's an amazing place to study - you'll meet wonderful people at QUB. I recommend attending events hosted by the ISPC as it's a great way to meet new people and make new friends.

Belfast is a great city - if you like cultural events, live music, etc, you'll love it there. I'm pretty sure they have a surfing society too!

I'd avoid the holylands - I see your location is Galway, so I'd compare the holylands with Corrib Village, except crazier. It's not suitable for a postgrad student, unless of course you want to party a lot. Also, there's a lot of crime in the area - break-ins and the like. It's right beside Queen's though so location wise, it's pretty handy.

Stranmillis is a lovely area, as is the Ormeau Road area. Both are within walking distance of Queen's. A couple of friends stayed on-campus and their experiences were mixed. If you want to bring a friend back, you have to sign them in and they have to be gone by a certain time so it's quite restrictive in that sense. It seems to be a good way of making new friends though.

I hope that's of some help. If you've any questions, just shout :)

Advertisement