Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Boxer is peeing blood

• 07-04-2015 2:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭

Just wondered if anyone else has been through this..
    noticed a few weeks ago that my 3 year old boxer was peeing blood..almost entirely blood..we've been through two courses of tablets now from the vet and this morning the vet told me whilst there is blood in the urine, theres no infection in the blood so its more serious & were going back on thursday for xrays..

im f*ckin terrified for me best pal..

anyone gone through this able to let me know what it might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

david75 wrote: »
    Just wondered if anyone else has been through this..
    noticed a few weeks ago that my 3 year old boxer was peeing blood..almost entirely blood..we've been through two courses of tablets now from the vet and this morning the vet told me whilst there is blood in the urine, theres no infection in the blood so its more serious & were going back on thursday for xrays..

im f*ckin terrified for me best pal..

anyone gone through this able to let me know what it might be?

Honestly if it was me I'd be rushing my dog to another Vet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Frog Song wrote: »
    Honestly if it was me I'd be rushing my dog to another Vet.

Yep. Second opinion pronto!

Has the vet tested kidney function?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Can only afford Blue cross at the moment..i cant borrow to get him seen to sooner..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

How about St. Francis in Inchicore?

Or there is a subsidised clinic in Ballymun on a Tuesday evening from 6pm - 7pm if it's still going? Will PM you details in case.

thanks lads..the Ballymun crowd came back to me immediately(fair play) and said they dont have an x ray machine, but ill keep lookin..thank you

• Advertisement

Cheers for the recommendations folks...went to see the AWC vet in Charlemont st..not good news at all..His prostate is enormous and its either from hyperdisplasia(sp?)/not being neutered or worst case its cancer..he said if it turns out to be cancer, given the size of the prostate, its curtains for my dog.

fingers crossed we can get him sorted out.

thanks for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Fingers crossed for you and your dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Sorry to hear that OP, I do hope it's not the worst case scenario. Well done for getting him seen!

Advertisement