Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CP 33 - R.I.P

Options
  • 07-04-2015 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

Hi foks,

was doing some refurb work in a property and owner asked me to have a look at the security system. Ancient Aritech single KeyPad and panel. KP shows no data, just a small solid red dot once system is powered up. It appears that there is no functionality in the KP. The system was isolated ( spur fuse removed at power supply in hotpress by previous tenant ).

2 bed house with 3 inertias on U/S windows. 1 inertia on D/S window and 2 inertia & magnetic on entrance door and patio door. That's it. Recommendations on a DIY replacement unit ? (assuming that all the sensors are still functional, I was hoping for a keypad & panel swapout ).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

You should open up the keypad and check and see if the aux zones are used on it. If they are check that you have enough spare cores going to the panel. I would check this 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Those keypads never had data strings. The single line means an error if at the bottom,, if in the middle it means it is in engineer mode.
    If you have powered it down, then you have probably defaulted it, the default code is 01122.
    By the way, I trust you have a PSA licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

kub wrote: »
    Those keypads never had data strings. The single line means an error if at the bottom,, if in the middle it means it is in engineer mode.
    If you have powered it down, then you have probably defaulted it, the default code is 01122.
    By the way, I trust you have a PSA licence.
    thanks for the replies folks. The keypad is unresponsive to all key presses. And no, I do not have a PSA license. Assuming all cabling was good and internal / ext sirens were functional, what would you estimate a basic system would cost, supply & fit.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Prices would vary a lot depending on system etc. Get a few quotes & compare like with like.
    Take a look at the sticky here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    and the PSA Register of licenced installers here.
    http://www.psa.gov.ie/Website/psa/psa.nsf/8323CBA191C013C880257143002C9E9D/$File/03C.-Installer-of-Security-Equipment-(Installation-and-Maintenance-of-Intruder-Alarm)-Licence-Holders.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

dodzy wrote: »
    thanks for the replies folks. The keypad is unresponsive to all key presses. And no, I do not have a PSA license. Assuming all cabling was good and internal / ext sirens were functional, what would you estimate a basic system would cost, supply & fit.

If you replace also make sure you have a hybrid system installed.
    This will give you the option to add wire free devices if you ever have issues with cables down the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

altor wrote: »
    If you replace also make sure you have a hybrid system installed.
    This will give you the option to add wire free devices if you ever have issues with cables down the road.

Cheers Altor, was thinking either the HKC SW1070 or perhaps the Quantum 70 kit for a bit of future proofing. Really appreciate the input guys. Thanks a lot :)

dodzy wrote: »
    Cheers Altor, was thinking either the HKC SW1070 or perhaps the Quantum 70 kit for a bit of future proofing. Really appreciate the input guys. Thanks a lot :)

You are welcome. For a fully wire free system you cant go wrong with the Quantum 70.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

altor wrote: »
    You are welcome. For a fully wire free system you cant go wrong with the Quantum 70.

It would be better if the internal siren was separate from the panel, for that reason i would go for the 10/70.

kub wrote: »
    It would be better if the internal siren was separate from the panel, for that reason i would go for the 10/70.

On the Quantum you can disconnect the internal built into the control panel and connect a wired internal bell.
    Another option again is to disconnect the internal on the Quantum and install a wire free internal bell.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you are going down the road of future proofing have a look here if you are considering apps or remote access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

You should also take a look at GSD panel
    They also have a Hybrid panel and you can have an internal or external IP cameras on the same App,

Worth taking a look

Advertisement