Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! pc build not starting

Options
  • 07-04-2015 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

hi guys. in the midst of my second build for a basic pc and having a problem i can't identify. have gone through the exact process i did last time (which booted first time and hasn't had an issue since) but something's not working. would appreciate any thoughts! spec is

ASRock H81M-HDS, Sockel 1150, mATX
    4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 PC3-14900 1866
    Corsair VS Serie VS450, Non-Modular, 80+
    Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition Box, 1150
    Crucial MX100 SSD 256GB (2,5", 7mm)
    Zalman T4 Mini-Tower - schwarz mATX, ohne Netztei

i've all the parts in correctly (unless there's a glaring mistake i've missed) but when i've gone to turn it on, i get almost nothing. the fans fire for about a second and the power light goes off almost immediately but there's no other noise or progress, it just cuts out. i've checked the front panel connectors and made sure all the plugs are secure. any ideas welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

BIOS may need to be updated to support that CPU, needs BIOS 1.60 or higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Brianconway_

The board could be a Dead on arrival (DOA). Check if the BIOS version is ok for your CPU. If you can't fix it send your motherboard back as faulty.

Advertisement