Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iceland and BOI current account

Options
  • 07-04-2015 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I'm going to iceland at the end of the month. Is there any restrictions on withdrawing money there using my ATM card? 

Also if I go down the route of getting ISK before i go, how much notice would i have to give my branch? My branch is o'connell bridge

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Gummy Panda, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

When using a Visa Debit card abroad withdrawal limits maybe reduced. These can be anywhere between E100 and E250 per day. Just to mention, some foreign banks may also impose their own limits on international cards at their ATM so we would always suggest that if your card is declined to try a lesser amount as this may help. 

Regrettably, Icelandic Krona is not one of the many currencies our branches offer. 

If we can help with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement