Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traditional Music forum beers + trad session?

Options
  • 07-04-2015 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

From visiting other forums, I see that many forums organise "beers", i.e. an evening out for people to meet up in the real world. I think it probably happens mostly on far busier forums though - this place seems relatively quiet. Since this is the trad music forum it seems fitting that a night out would take the form of a trad session.

Just to gauge possible interest, if a traditional music forum evening out was organised in Dublin, would you go along? Assuming of course that it suits your schedule.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Well if we were having a Trad session you can count me in. But TBH there's probably not enough active users on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Blade wrote: »
    Well if we were having a Trad session you can count me in. But TBH there's probably not enough active users on this forum.

Of course it would make sense to have a trad session as a forum night out rather than just a few beers. I have edited the title and content of my post to reflect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭glord

yeah.id head to Dublin alright

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Would defo be interested in coming along

OK, so we have four interested. Do you all play trad tunes, and if so which instruments? Just trying to figure out how many we would need to put together a good session.

I mainly play whistle, and flute too if the session is big/loud enough that I can hide a little bit!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I play tunes on whistles and can play along with any song in most keys once I have an idea of how it goes or I've at least heard it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RepublicOfzen

100% I will come.

I play beginer trad guitar. I will there mostly to practice. I dont drink beer.

Songs I suggest.

Rocky road to Dublin.
    Wild rover.
    Ride on.

Harvest home.
    Old Johns jig.

Just did a session at waltons. I have sheet music for sessions. would really love to play accompany guitar with someone.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think we have enough for much of a session yet... I was hoping a bunch of lurkers might come out of the woodwork when I posted the topic, but alas, it hasn't come to pass!

• Advertisement
Advertisement