Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New PC, Existing Phone, No backup and I have read the pinned thread :)

• 07-04-2015 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Heya,

I read the pinned thread and some of the KB links are dead and others seem quite old so I wanted to ask this real quick cos something's not making sense for me..

Had to wipe my laptop and reinstall windows 7. lost the library/backups there. Reinstalled itunes and I have turned off the auto sync feature as mentioned in one of the restore threads I saw.

Itunes is seeing the iphone and offering to let me backup. If I go ahead and back that up can will that be it? or will the library still be empty and I just have a backup file somewhere meaning I can't ever sync the library without wiping the phone? The phone storage is full so I need to start getting things off it.

Sorry if this is dumb I just assumed Apple might have done something in recent itunes updates to alleviate this pain for users. I'm an android guy so appreciate any help :)

Advertisement