Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 Survey

Options
  • 07-04-2015 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am just inquiring if an email I have received is actually BOI, I recently opened a bank account and got an email saying thank you for applying if you fill out this 365 survey you will receive €284. When I click on the link it asked for my User Id, 6 digit 365 pin & the last four digits of my contact number?

Can someone please advise me if this is real or not?

Thanking you in advance.

Eimear

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

This is most definitely not real - delete it.

Nate

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Banks will NEVER ask you for any personal details like that via an e-mail.  The fact that you just opened a BoI account is coincidental, the e-mail you got could just as easily have been looking for your login details for AIB, Ulster Bank, etc., irrespective of whether you have an account with them or not.  These scam mails are sent out by the thousand in the hope of catching an unfortunate few out.  And if you think about it logically, why would a bank give you nearly €300 just for filling out a survey?

If you see anything like this again, don't even open the mail, delete it immediately, and if you do open it definitely don't click on any more links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,

I am just inquiring if an email I have received is actually BOI, I recently opened a bank account and got an email saying thank you for applying if you fill out this 365 survey you will receive €284. When I click on the link it asked for my User Id, 6 digit 365 pin & the last four digits of my contact number?

Can someone please advise me if this is real or not?

Thanking you in advance.

Eimear
    Hi EimearKCollins,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

This would be a spam or phishing email. We will never email asking you to confirm account details or Online log in details. Please do not click on any link in the email or fill in any details on the link. 
    We would also recommend running a virus scan on your computer to confirm your computer has not been compromised. If you still have this email, or receive any further emails such as this, please forward it to 365security@boi.com for investigation. 

If we can help with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement