Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Egan

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

I wonder if Barry Egan has read this thread yet. He strikes me as the kind of guy who googles himself everyday so I'd say there is a strong chance he has.

BARRY IF YOU ARE READING THIS THREAD, NO-ONE CARES ABOUT YOU BLAGGING YOUR WAY INTO A PARTY AND SCHMOOZING WITH "IRISH CELEBRITIES"!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I don't like the way he publicises people like Carol Anthony who is famous for having an affair with Ian Rush it seems she is in it every week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

I don't like the way he publicises people like Carol Anthony who is famous for having an affair with Ian Rush it seems she is in it every week
    That's the Ireland celebrity scene for you according to Barry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

I noticed the Gerald Keane thing today in my parents house. Don't get the indo. Why the **** would an accountant be a celeb. This is like a village paper trying to do a gossip column.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I noticed the Gerald Keane thing today in my parents house. Don't get the indo. Why the **** would an accountant be a celeb. This is like a village paper trying to do a gossip column.

He is a solicitor. They are much more exciting than accountants. He has a couple of proper celebrities as clients which is how he got into the spotlight.

He is a solicitor. They are much more exciting than accountants. He has a couple of proper celebrities as clients which is how he got into the spotlight.

He is a Solicitor to the Stars, according to Barry Egan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Famous for having an affair with someone who was famous thirty years ago,says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

His interview with Paul Brady is quite good, to be fair.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/windmill-lane/paul-brady-31150916.html

I was having the weirdest dream this morning just before I woke up; Barry Egan was sitting on a big pink bed in a huge pink bedroom (I think it was his bedroom) and yer man Lisa Murphy was brushing Barry's hair. Look what this thread is doing to me ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

jungleman wrote: »
    I was having the weirdest dream this morning just before I woke up; Barry Egan was sitting on a big pink bed in a huge pink bedroom (I think it was his bedroom) and yer man Lisa Murphy was brushing Barry's hair. Look what this thread is doing to me ffs

You poor man, help is available. Call Gerard Keane, he can sue Barry for you for emotional distress.

Also, how do you know his bedroom is pink? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I like him. He knows his stuff when it comes to music. Yes he has to write about celebrities. Guess what that's his job folks. Don't see what the big deal is. Nobody bangs on about people who write articles for the Daily Mail.

In the meantime, he is one of these guys who is VERY CLEARLY respected by Irish musicians and actors because he is honest, he's been around a long time, he is a good writer, and he knows what he's talking about.

Not surprised that a lot of boards.ies wouldn't like him. Who do they like? Nobody. Feckin bunch of teenagers.

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    I like him. He knows his stuff when it comes to music. Yes he has to write about celebrities. Guess what that's his job folks. Don't see what the big deal is. Nobody bangs on about people who write articles for the Daily Mail.

In the meantime, he is one of these guys who is VERY CLEARLY respected by Irish musicians and actors because he is honest, he's been around a long time, he is a good writer, and he knows what he's talking about.

Not surprised that a lot of boards.ies wouldn't like him. Who do they like? Nobody. Feckin bunch of teenagers.

if he wants to write articles about celebrities then fire ahead. The people he writes about are not celebrities. well maybe in their own heads. he keeps writing about the same shower of people because they give him access to their "celebrity" life.

if he wants to write articles about celebrities then fire ahead. The people he writes about are not celebrities. well maybe in their own heads. he keeps writing about the same shower of people because they give him access to their "celebrity" life.

So what?

Why do you care?

Irelands a small country. The reality is that we have about 20 or 30 'celebrities' that are known outside the country.

Its not his fault that the public has an massive appetite to read about celebrities.... And doesn't care if they are A list or D list or Z list.... he makes a living by writing about them.

So what.

That's the world we live in.

So what?

Why do you care?

Irelands a small country. The reality is that we have about 20 or 30 'celebrities' that are known outside the country.

Its not his fault that the public has an massive appetite to read about celebrities.... And doesn't care if they are A list or D list or Z list.... he makes a living by writing about them.

So what.

That's the world we live in.

you do realise this is the celebrity & showbiz forum?

you do realise this is the celebrity & showbiz forum?

I do. It will be my first and last visit.

farewell fair stranger.

See ya Barry.

farewell fair stranger.

'Til we meet again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Self praise is no praise Barry ;)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Barry,any chance of getting me Twinks autograph?

just because people dont like your writings "Barry" doesnt make them a bunch of teenagers. Its called constructive criticism :cool:

Barry got scooped about your one from Coolock while posting on Boards!!

Advertisement