Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

"Augment your pre-order"

They can go to fúck, not even gonna bother with this shít.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

"Augment your pre-order"

They can go to fúck, not even gonna bother with this shít.
    :mad:

"FOUR. DAYS. EARLY." Good grief.

I'm not usually one to get outraged at game companies but yeah, they can get to fúck with that nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bunnyarmstrong

What a load of sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

"Augment your pre-order"

Just the game thanks. And I won't be preordering either.

The last game was dirt cheap shortly after launch after I paid full price. I couldn't believe how fast the price dropped. Lesson learnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Well it doesn't look like a bad game but that pre-order nonsense really put me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Well it doesn't look like a bad game but that pre-order nonsense really put me off.

You can just buy the game at launch (or preferably just after launch depending on reviews). That way developers & publishers still get rewarded for making good games but not for these crappy business practices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

have they said how much dlc there is going to be? i liked the way human revolution did it, one reasonably sized dlc for not too much money.. no reason in particular to wait for a goty edition

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Player 2

If they feel that they'll be able to commit to the "4-days earlier" date; then, how unbelievably cheeky is it to essentially hold it back on purpose / hold gamers ransom for their pre-order money?

Being a huge Deus Ex fan, "Human Revolution" was the only game I've pre-ordered in the past 10 years or so, and it was going to be the same for this - but now, out of spite, I feel obliged not to!

Worst of all, with this bizarre "tiering", even if I do jump through their hoops, I don't actually get all the pre-order bonuses at all - just "one out of three" of my choice. What's the point of that? It's not as if there's a retailer-specific deal / bonus scheme??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

I love the Deus Ex games and was actually going to preorder this but the "get it 4 days earlier" ? ...wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I think EA did it ages ago too with the Battlefield games.
    There was something you could do or buy to gain like 3 days or 5 days early access to the game before everyone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, NBA 2K16 is doing the same, preorder and get it 4 days early. How about in an age where nearly every single game is getting delayed, you get a chance to release it early, then just release it f*cking early as a thank you to fans for buying the game every f*cking year!

This augment your pre-order is way too messy for me, too many options, just gimme the game.

Totalbiscuit chimes in on why this pre-order is bollocks:

Totalbiscuit chimes in on why this pre-order is bollocks:

He's the big chubby more outspoken and more articulate gamer friend that I don't have, but as with most friends can be a d1ck sometimes too. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

This seems like a really good way to encourage piracy.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I don't really see any issue in this pre order. If you are going to pre order something then you're obviously a pretty big fan. Most pre orders just have a load of rubbish like awful dlc or cosmetics.

I was always going to get MGSV. If I was able to get the game 4 days early, then I definitely would have pre ordered this.

At least with this (this being the early release and not whatever other dlc comes with this pre order) it doesn't force developers into developing awful pre order content that you would see in Assassins Creed or Batman as an example.

What is the big issue that people have with it?

I honestly don't see what the fuss is all about. What's the difference between this and other pre-orders. They're offering more if anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bunnyarmstrong

tok9 wrote: »
    I don't really see any issue in this pre order. If you are going to pre order something then you're obviously a pretty big fan. Most pre orders just have a load of rubbish like awful dlc or cosmetics.

I was always going to get MGSV. If I was able to get the game 4 days early, then I definitely would have pre ordered this.

At least with this (this being the early release and not whatever other dlc comes with this pre order) it doesn't force developers into developing awful pre order content that you would see in Assassins Creed or Batman as an example.

I can't speak for everyone but my problem is with pre ordering itself. It's a load of animal manure. Tiered pre ordering is just a different, stinkier, version of animal manure.

The idea of giving someone money in advance of having even a slightly unbiased idea of what it is I'm getting is just ridiculous to me. No amount of extra missions/golden guns/pip boys/soundtracks/shiney new OP gun/figurine/beta access can convince me otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I can't speak for everyone but my problem is with pre ordering itself. It's a load of animal manure. Tiered pre ordering is just a different, stinkier, version of animal manure.

The idea of giving someone money in advance of having even a slightly unbiased idea of what it is I'm getting is just ridiculous to me. No amount of extra missions/golden guns/pip boys/soundtracks/shiney new OP gun/figurine/beta access can convince me otherwise.
    Preordering digital games confuses me, why is that even a thing, fair enough for preloading, but preordering a game 6 months in advance from a digital service is daft, its not like there will be any supply issues

I honestly don't see what the fuss is all about. What's the difference between this and other pre-orders. They're offering more if anything.

If you watch the TotalBiscuit video that was posted on the previous page, he explains very well why it's awful.
    I can't articulate myself as well as he does to explain why people hate it, So...watch the video :P

Okay, I'll have a look at the video.

I sounds like the people complaining about this pre order practice are people who don't actually pre order anyway.

I pre order for 2 reasons.

- If I can get the game delivered on release or before
    - The best price

By the time I do pre order, I either know enough about the game or there are reviews out.

This pre order system is for those people (and I don't know how big this group is) that pre order games a year in advance.

I just don't see how this is worse than having a pre order mission like Catwoman in Arkham City etc.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    If you watch the TotalBiscuit video that was posted on the previous page, he explains very well why it's awful.
    I can't articulate myself as well as he does to explain why people hate it, So...watch the video :P

You'd have to pay me to listen to him for 20 minutes

Bloody hell, he does talk a lot about other stuff. Most of his early argument is so vague it can be applied to any pre order.

First negative point is the risk of spoilers... is that meant to be serious? Actually was that the only negative he mentioned about the 4 days early?

The exclusive mission is what pisses me off. That is actual game content which is being restricted from people unless you preorder

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I think the main reasons that people get so angry about pre-order stuff like this is that A) They're deliberately holding back content that is ready before launch in a crass attempt to farm extra profit, and B) The marketing language is so shameless and manipulative that they feel insulted by it - I know I do.

"Augment your preorder", are you kidding me? Some jackass in the marketing department sat around thinking their fans were about as intelligent as a five-year-old and could be convinced to part with cash by using in-game language about a real world purchase. It's why I loathe and feel contempt for everything to do with how Star Citizen is being handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

I love deus ex games will I pre order. Nope. Will I pre order fallout 4. Nope.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Imo Pre ordering has done nothing good for the games industry. In fact it has damaged it.

Anyone who has pre ordered, don't care how excited you were about a game. You have to accept responsibility. you are apart of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Imo Pre ordering has done nothing good for the games industry. In fact it has damaged it.

Anyone who has pre ordered, don't care how excited you were about a game. You have to accept responsibility. you are apart of the problem.

I've never been one for preorders, but the nonsense surrounding it has actually pushed me away from paying full price on release now. I'm more than happy to wait for the inevitable fully loaded game of the year editions. Eg Arkham Knight hasn't been released as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Wish I could disagree with this but I can't :(
    I pre-ordered some choice gems like Rome Total war 2 and x-rebirth. Loved both series and well while atleast the former become a good game, they have shown its NEVER a good idea to preorder.

I pre order so I get the game delivered on time and it's generally cheaper than going to a store to get the game.

I pre order so I get the game delivered on time and it's generally cheaper than going to a store to get the game.

I don't understand the glowing need of the former (you need your game "on time"?), and the latter can be solved by just ordering online.

Or 4 weeks after release :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

The reason this is so egregious is that it basically turns pre-order bonuses into a pyramid scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    Wish I could disagree with this but I can't :(
    I pre-ordered some choice gems like Rome Total war 2 and x-rebirth. Loved both series and well while atleast the former become a good game, they have shown its NEVER a good idea to preorder.

Oh man, I preordered both of those aswell and they were both horrible. X-Rebirth is the only game where I asked Steam for a refund. I think it was also the straw that broke the camel's back and had me swear off preordering ever again.

Advertisement