Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I don't understand the glowing need of the former (you need your game "on time"?), and the latter can be solved by just ordering online.

Or 4 weeks after release :pac:

Isn't ordering online pre ordering? If you order something before it's been released that's a pre order, whether it be 1 day or 2 years before it's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I remember pre-ordering back in the day on the basis that you just wanted to be guaranteed a copy in a bricks and mortar store.

Now I only pre-order if I want one of the massive special editions with statues etc.

Square Enix have thankfully cancelled that monstrosity of a pre-order scheme.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-01-square-enix-cans-convoluted-deus-ex-mankind-divided-pre-order-program

Pre-ordering or picking up a 'Day One' copy will now get all the previously offered tiers (aside from early access which is no longer available). So at least it's available at day one when reviews will indicate the quality of the game.

Thank god. Could have set a very annoying precedent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bunnyarmstrong

On one hand, fair play to them.

On the other, they created that monstrosity.

Best case scenario is that they learn from it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Best case scenario is that they learn from it imo.

Did you see their plan for the new Hitman?

Its as bad if not worse, except they've torn up the game and staggered its release.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Definitely a step in the right direction, but I'll be waiting for a GoTY/Director's Cut edition myself

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Did you see their plan for the new Hitman?

Its as bad if not worse, except they've torn up the game and staggered its release.

Oh dear, I'll have a quick look....

EDIT: I just had a glance at wikipedia, no paid dlcs? Doesn't seem that bad (at a glance). Is the initial release only a few missions or something?

FURTHER EDIT: Sorry, off topic.

Oh dear, I'll have a quick look....

EDIT: I just had a glance at wikipedia, no paid dlcs? Doesn't seem that bad (at a glance). Is the initial release only a few missions or something?

FURTHER EDIT: Sorry, off topic.

I just posted the graphic How to Buy in the Hitman thread.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I just posted the graphic How to Buy in the Hitman thread.

YIKES! Try it out for $35? Remember when demos were free? :eek:

Anyway, sorry Deus Ex!

Ya, so its good they dropped that stupid Preorder idea, but they only did so because preorders were probably much lower than expected, doubt the negative reaction online caused much concern.

I will be waiting for a good digital sale or a GOTY edition (same with Hitman 2016)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Evidence that whining actually works if we do it loud enough :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It was a stupid marketing practice and one that instantly turned me off the game. I imagine it was finally pulled simply because of the low numbers of pre-orders and that it's goals were never going to be reached and affect the game's sales at launch.

At least this way they get to try and salvage a bit of their image for "listening" to the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have an awful feeling it was pulled not only for low preorders bit they think/know it will be delayed so the getting it early option would be useless. Hope I'm wrong but wouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Surely the reason one pre-orders is to get the game as soon as possible. I thought everyone was whining about the tier set up for the pre order?

Now they have just left all the tiers which I assumed people hated (items, buffs, content) and removed the 1 thing which would make someone preorder in getting the game early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I have an awful feeling it was pulled not only for low preorders bit they think/know it will be delayed so the getting it early option would be useless. Hope I'm wrong but wouldn't be surprised.

Boom nailed it! ....unfortunately

Delayed til August

FFS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Am I alone in thinking delays are a good thing? Getting a polished, working game is far better than rushing out a broken mess, even if you have to wait for it.

I'd prefer games not be announced until minor fixes/additions/qa are the only things left needed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

I'd prefer games not be announced until minor fixes/additions/qa are the only things left needed.

in an ideal world, it'd be nice

Links234 wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking delays are a good thing? Getting a polished, working game is far better than rushing out a broken mess, even if you have to wait for it.

Assassins Creed Unity being the prime example. A decent enough game that will always be remembered as the pinnacle of a broken release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Links234 wrote: »

Still will get a day one patch and have plenty of bugs I'd bet.
    THAT is the industry standard now

Assassins Creed Unity being the prime example. A decent enough game that will always be remembered as the pinnacle of a broken release.

would arkham knight not top that in terms of broken mess-ness?

ERG89 wrote: »
    Still will get a day one patch and have plenty of bugs I'd bet.
    THAT is the industry standard now

games are so much more complicated now than they used to be. unless you delay publication by half a decade and employ a fanbase sized army of bug testers and fixers, you are always going to discover new problems and solutions after you've settled on a final release. It's completely unavoidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I've played decade old games that are more complex than a lot of titles released this year that don't have half the bugs or issues. Games being updated through a client is something we can't live without and I'm glad we have such technology but you can't escape the fact that it's also the reason standards have dropped for what is considered a finished product. This hurts people who buy day-1 the most and is why I don't buy most games even within the first month let alone release week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

New trailer.

The fcuk does that guy survive @3.42 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Every choice you make in the game will have a consequence, and every decision you make will ultimately have an impact on the ending you witness.

Heard that same line from so many games that it means nothing anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

J. Marston wrote: »
    Heard that same line from so many games that it means nothing anymore.

I think the only game that came close to that for me was Alpha Protocol. All it needed was a bit more production polish. Would love a follow up to that game, Obsidian had some great ideas and concept it was just the execution that let them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I loved the last Deus Ex, and really want this....but I'm still annoyed at the attempt they made with that tier pre-order BS (which I read they cancelled ...such a stupid fckin idea to begin with) . So I don't know if I'll buy it or what for a good while till sales pop up.

The music was great too from the last game, I have the themes on my Spotify

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Michael McCann's music is perfect for these games, he nailed it with the last one.

I do like the idea of your play style affecting the dialogue 'battles', but as Marston said, that line about every action having a consequence is just so hollow.

Saying that, I look forward to this.

Advertisement