Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Finished it there last night.

Was expecting a bit of a harder fight, but that's the beauty of Deus Ex. There's always a simple solution if you know your equipment and look around the area.

I was also expecting a few more boss fights, but i guess they toned it down on purpose because of the frustrations the bosses caused in HR.

I'll be going through it again to make different choices and get missions I missed out on. It's impossible to do everything in one play through unless you pick your save points carefully by knowing in advance.

I'd say it's the best Deus Ex game in the series, just about. Still have rose tinted glasses about the first game 17 years ago. Well worth the wait.
    Oh, and not spoiling anything, but don't skip the end credits. There is a New Game + mode this time which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Was expecting a bit of a harder fight, but that's the beauty of Deus Ex. There's always a simple solution if you know your equipment and look around the area.

I was also expecting a few more boss fights, but i guess they toned it down on purpose because of the frustrations the bosses caused in HR.

I'll be going through it again to make different choices and get missions I missed out on. It's impossible to do everything in one play through unless you pick your save points carefully by knowing in advance.

I'd say it's the best Deus Ex game in the series, just about. Still have rose tinted glasses about the first game 17 years ago. Well worth the wait.
    Oh, and not spoiling anything, but don't skip the end credits. There is a New Game + mode this time which is nice.
    When did you get it? lol
    Did you have time to sleep :P
    But serious, how long is the game exactly? Took me about 20 hours to complete Human Revolution.

I absolutely love this series. Deus ex 1 is my favourite game of all time and even played through the Deus ex 2 more then once... struggle that it was. Can't wait to play this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Feckin' hell, you blitz that :pac:

How long was it?

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    When did you get it? lol
    Did you have time to sleep :P
    But serious, how long is the game exactly? Took me about 20 hours to complete Human Revolution.

I absolutely love this series. Deus ex 1 is my favourite game of all time and even played through the Deus ex 2 more then once... struggle that it was. Can't wait to play this.

I got it Saturday morning via Parcel Motel. Played most of Sat, all Sunday and took a sickie from work yesterday. Didn't sleep much either, long, long time since I've done that for a game, thought that was all behind me but I just loved this. Kind of sorry I went through it so quickly, like binging on a boxset over a weekend. It's all part of the joys of having no kids, girlfriend or life in general :o , I look like a zombie in the office today though.

Not sure how long exactly because I reloaded save point a good bit when I didn't like how I handled certain situations, or just made silly mistakes messing up a stealth section. It didn't feel as long as HR as you don't really move about locations like in the other Deus Ex games where you see half the world during the story. It was very good but I wanted the story to go on more and link up to the first game better. It's like they left loads out to make another game or loads of DLC to tie it all up to the first game.

If you played the first game you know there is more to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Sounds good! I've only played through a couple of missions, but already looking forward to another run through with guns blazing. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

I got it Saturday morning via Parcel Motel. Played most of Sat, all Sunday and took a sickie from work yesterday. Didn't sleep much either, long, long time since I've done that for a game, thought that was all behind me but I just loved this. Kind of sorry I went through it so quickly, like binging on a boxset over a weekend. It's all part of the joys of having no kids, girlfriend or life in general :o , I look like a zombie in the office today though.

Ha! wish I could still do that, remember binging on games like Half Life 1 and Oblivion back in the day. :pac:

Can't wait to get stuck into this! Don't think I'll be finishing it over a single weekend, witcher 3 took me about 4 months lol.

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    Ha! wish I could still do that, remember binging on games like Half Life 1 and Oblivion back in the day. :pac:

Can't wait to get stuck into this! Don't think I'll be finishing it over a single weekend, witcher 3 took me about 4 months lol.

Ha, don't get me wrong I almost never do this. I tend to be bogged down in work and end up bringing it home with me alot of the time.

I bought The Witcher 3 on release and I'm still working on it despite it being a great game. I've left it so long now I've forgotten alot and think I have to start over.

Hooray my argos voucher was set to expire today so got it for 34.99 :)

Booooo for that 4.1gb update :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Come on postie ta fooooook!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

For anybody that has redeemed the day one content, the items can be found in your inventory by pressing L2. The weapons are alright, they might look nicer but they don't have better stats. Also in your apartment you have three lockers that can store 8 items each.

• Advertisement

For anybody that has redeemed the day one content, the items can be found in your inventory by pressing L2. The weapons are alright, they might look nicer but they don't have better stats. Also in your apartment you have three lockers that can store 8 items each.

Thats queued for me as a 2.6gb download, the bonus mission must be sizeable enough :confused:

Thats queued for me as a 2.6gb download, the bonus mission must be sizeable enough :confused:

They should be 4 separate downloads with the mission being 2.4gb and the weapon packs being few megs

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

They should be 4 separate downloads with the mission being 2.4gb and the weapon packs being few megs

I never actually redeemed this, better get on it!

KeithTS wrote: »
    I never actually redeemed this, better get on it!

If you bought physical copy there should be a leaflet with a code that you use to register the game on square Enix. After registering, square Enix will email you the redeem code

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

If you bought physical copy there should be a leaflet with a code that you use to register the game on square Enix. After registering, square Enix will email you the redeem code

Good shout, I was too eager to get playing so just threw it on, never really thought about the other stuff until reading this!

KeithTS wrote: »
    Good shout, I was too eager to get playing so just threw it on, never really thought about the other stuff until reading this!

Yeah I always redeem codes when I get a new game. Also the deus ex universe app got an update and shows all the ebooks and emails you have discovered in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Me too.

It sounds like he's constipated. I think he needs a laxative more than augments.

Yeah I always redeem codes when I get a new game. Also the deus ex universe app got an update and shows all the ebooks and emails you have discovered in the game.

Didn't know it had a companion app, downloaded it now, sound.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Didn't know it had a companion app, downloaded it now, sound.

Yeah its actually cool especially the universe section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

My app QR scan ain't working, anybody else having an issue with it? :/

• Advertisement

sheep? wrote: »
    My app QR scan ain't working, anybody else having an issue with it? :/

Yeah I can never it get working as it also scans the words beneath the triangle but I tried one that was in the deus ex wikia and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

You can get lost in the hacking side of this game. I can't remember if I'm supposed to be the good guy or baddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

You can get lost in the hacking side of this game. I can't remember if I'm supposed to be the good guy or baddie.
    That's the beauty behind Deus Ex, it's not black and white, it's very grey (and neon orange)

No sign of it in the post today sickened. TGC dispatched it yesterday morning, thought it would get here today. By own fault for ordering friday evening.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    No sign of it in the post today sickened. TGC dispatched it yesterday morning, thought it would get here today. By own fault for ordering friday evening.

Yeah they were dispatching around midday on Friday. Did you use parcel motel?

Yeah they were dispatching around midday on Friday. Did you use parcel motel?

Depends on which Parcel motel people used. I got mine on Saturday using the Belfast depot. I have friends who used the Dublin depot and they still have't checked in yet. Games were sent Friday afternoon in both cases.

Depends on which Parcel motel people used. I got mine on Saturday using the Belfast depot. I have friends who used the Dublin depot and they still have't checked in yet. Games were sent Friday afternoon in both cases.

Yeah mine was sent to Belfast and it arrived Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I wish I had the cash for this. I'll just have to wait a few weeks.

Ah only used standard post, will have to try PM next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Sorry if this has been mentioned but where is the best place to purchase this? I seen a few mention "TGC". Is that this website?

http://www.thegamecollection.net/

How fast are they with delivery? I noticed the Special edition can be purchased for 66 euro if I switch my region on the Xbox. Did this for the Division and picked up the Gold edition of that for €44 when its usually €100.

Anyone tried that with Mankind Divided?

Advertisement