Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First 39 bus

Options
  • 07-04-2015 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows how long the 1st 39 (5.20 am) takes to get into town(last stop before o connell st).Im in hunstown and i know it detours by corduff,thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

I'm not 100% on the 5:20am one, but some mornings I've to get the 39a at 6am and I get off just before O'Connell Street. Usually, I'd be in town by 6:20/25, so I'd imagine the 5:20am would take around the same amount of time, if not less.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭eddie28

I'm not 100% on the 5:20am one, but some mornings I've to get the 39a at 6am and I get off just before O'Connell Street. Usually, I'd be in town by 6:20/25, so I'd imagine the 5:20am would take around the same amount of time, if not less.

It is the detour into corduff im not sure about just wondering if it adds much on to the journey ,cheers for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 78,410 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The first 39 is at 05:32 from Ongar. The 05:20 39a is scheduled to reach Bachelors Walk at 06:05. However, I don't know what the reality is like. The service is designed mostly to get bus drivers to work.

Use a-b.ie and make sure you use exact locations and appropriate date and time. Make sure "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination
    maximum XX min walk" is ticked

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

eddie28 wrote: »
    It is the detour into corduff im not sure about just wondering if it adds much on to the journey ,cheers for your reply

No bother, but I couldn't see it adding too much on. There's usually feck all people on the 6am one so it flies in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

It also goes via Heuston station, so there is an additional detour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭MarieOC

Polar101 wrote: »
    It also goes via Heuston station, so there is an additional detour.

When did this change? I thought it went down Stoneybatter and turned left onto the quays?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭eddie28

Yep goes up and around by heuston then back up the quays, 45 mins to bachelors walk but did stop nearly all stops.

eddie28 wrote: »
    Yep goes up and around by heuston then back up the quays, 45 mins to bachelors walk but did stop nearly all stops.

Does it stop at Houston? Would be much handier than the 70 n walking from blackhalls when I'm going home at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

This only applies to the first 39 of the day at 5:20 in the morning. It's for getting bus drivers to and from work. All other departures during the day are the normal 39 route via Stoneybatter and left onto the quays.

MrMorooka wrote: »
    This only applies to the first 39 of the day at 5:20 in the morning. It's for getting bus drivers to and from work. All other departures during the day are the normal 39 route via Stoneybatter and left onto the quays.

Ah thank you, Deffo won't work for getting the train home so

• Advertisement
Advertisement