Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leg of lamb

Options
  • 07-04-2015 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

I cooked a leg of lamb on Sunday. Was just going to finish it off. While I was cutting it the rest of the meat was pink.

Should it be like that??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Depends on the weight, how long you cooked it & at what temperature. It is certainly possible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

That's the best part in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Depends on the weight, how long you cooked it & at what temperature. It is certainly possible though.

I was told to cook at 230 for two and half hours. left it in a bit longer. just to be sure

If it was a thick joint that would leave it pink at the center a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

All of my lamb was pink... I cooked a medium leg for 1 hour 20 at 190 ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,393 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cena wrote: »
    I was told to cook at 230 for two and half hours. left it in a bit longer. just to be sure
    There's nothing wrong with pink lamb, it's prob a lot of disirable the well done right through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

In my opinion that's the way it should be, nothing to worry about, of course everyone's tastes are different :)

I prefer my lamb with the meat falling off the bone. I did a 7lb full leg last Sunday (shank cut & tied underneath for more even cooking).

I put it on a trivet in a deep roast pan, added a pint of stock/wine then covered & sealed with foil. I roasted it for 3 hours at 140C, then for the last hour I took off the foil, put a layer of fat (for extra moistness, courtesy of my butcher) over the joint & whacked up the temp to 200C.

The outside was deliciously crispy & the meat underneath was juicy & tender. When stripping the remaining meat from the bone last night, the flesh at the core still had a hint of pinkness to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,393 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Sounds like a giant braised lamb shank.

Not too far off tbh. The flesh had been studded with garlic, rosemary & lemon peel beforehand too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement