Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EMT OSCE in May

• 07-04-2015 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15

Hi,
    I have my EMT OSCE's in May and was just wondering if anyone did a mock OSCE training classes or revision class? I could use some time getting familiar with the equipment again.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭sjb25

ebikeNoob wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have my EMT OSCE's in May and was just wondering if anyone did a mock OSCE training classes or revision class? I could use some time getting familiar with the equipment again.

Thanks.

Who did you do you're training with are they running a day? I did my EMT with my vol org and we did several weekends as a group in class we did one night a week in our unit and another unit and we also the weekend before our osces we did two days together we where sick of doing the bloody things but thinking back it really helped we almost had them of by heart by the end

If you are being offered a "mock training class" you should go for it especially if you are unsure with anything especially the equipment you don't want to be flustering with stuff it will throw you off

Are you a member of any vol? You could ask the EMTs in you're unit to run you trough some maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 ebikeNoob

I did my training with Medicall, which was an extremely enjoyable experience. They're having a training class but could always use some more.

I've started with the Irish Red Cross but haven't completed the child protection part for membership and can't see many of the guys going out of their way to help me with OSCE's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭sjb25

ebikeNoob wrote: »
    I did my training with Medicall, which was an extremely enjoyable experience. They're having a training class but could always use some more.

I've started with the Irish Red Cross but haven't completed the child protection part for membership and can't see many of the guys going out of their way to help me with OSCE's.

Ah right they seem to be good alright I no a couple of there instructors
    The OSCEs are all about practice the more you do the easier they get
    So the more practice you can get the better even if you and your class mates could get together although it's handy to have the equipment aswell

I'm in the IRC aswell we had some new people in our unit and we helped them out mite be worth a try anyway

Advertisement