Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jerky and Biltong?

Options
  • 07-04-2015 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get Beef Jerky or Biltong in Dublin City?

Preferrably reasonably priced jerky and Biltong

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

They sell fairly rubbish looking jerky on tesco. I haven't found anywhere that sells nice biltong though am always on the lookout for it! If you're ever in Edinburgh there is a place there that sells some amazing biltong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Anyone know where to get Beef Jerky or Biltong in Dublin City?

Preferrably reasonably priced jerky and Biltong

You can find beef jerky in Marks and Spencer, although I'm not sure if it would fit your idea of 'reasonably priced' - most of their stuff is on the pricey side. If I remember correctly they have 'classic' and 'pepper' varieties, both of which I enjoyed.

In seemingly random Mace / Spar / Centra / Londis type shops you will sometimes encounter packets of jerky. I quite like the Jack Links 'sweet and hot'. Yum. Mmmmm jerky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

As a new member I'm not allowed to post links, but google JaQals & Wolf's Biltong and Boerewors - they seem to sell in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

As a new member I'm not allowed to post links, but google JaQals & Wolf's Biltong and Boerewors - they seem to sell in Dublin.

Excellent!

Here is the link.

Presume its beef it doesn't say though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Have seen that Angus dry biltong show up in a few Spar shops (the one in Talbot street for instance). Nice tasty beef biltong, the tandoori flavor is very good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement