Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog eating pebbles?

• 07-04-2015 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭

hi all,i hope this is ok to post this here.
    a friend dropped in this evening for a chat,talking about pets her 4yo gsd bit*h ate a load of pebbles last friday they notiiced when she got sick it had pebbles in it so they rushed her to the vet and then to ucd vets where they removed 1.2kg of pebbles.
    has anyone came across anything like this before?
    she has a male gsd too which is fine.
    the dogs do have a pretty big yard with lots of grass 3/4acre
    they would be very well looked after.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Base price

First thing that springs to mind is either boredom or a tooth ache/abscess.
    Did the vet and ucd vets not give a diagnosis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Hi vinnie13, I'm going to move this over to Animals & Pet Issues as you're more likely to get a more accurate diagnosis to your question.
    I already see a few similar threads in that section using the search bar so may also help in your search for answers!

Please note the A&PI Charter will now apply. :)

Kovu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Our lad eatin them for past ten years, not a bother on him! Terrier. Doesnt seem to spit them out, and hes not fat at all

Advertisement