Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arts with Languages or Commerce with German

• 07-04-2015 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Since 2nd year I've been planning on doing commerce and German in NUIG, it seemed like a decent course I'd learn about a lot of interesting things like economics and all that .
    Languages are my forté, I got an A in Irish, French and German in the JC and hope to do similarly in the LC. So over the past couple of weeks I've been considering doing an arts degrees with doing Irish in first year and French and German 'til degree level. After that I'd do a master in translations focusing on French and German.
    However, while doing the arts degree would interest me the most, the jobs available from it (from what I can see online) are all ridiculously low-paid while jobs with business and German pay better and allow me to work in big TNCs.
    I'm confused as to what to do- do the commerce and German and dislike parts of it or do an arts degree and enjoy it but come out with poor job prospects?

Does anyone have any advice?

Advertisement