Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn V Liverpool 8/04/15 19:45 BT sports

• 07-04-2015 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭

11093033_1559911477609747_793127350_n.jpg

Liverpool and Blackburn played out a 0-0 draw at Anfield which rewarded Blackburn with a well earned replay on their own patch.

Liverpool will be without suspended Gerrard, Skrtel and Emre Can.

Liverpool has already came through a tough replay in the FA Cup so far, a fourth round replay against Bolton Wanderers. Liverpool won 2-1 that night, but needed to come back after an Eidur Gudjohnsen penalty gave Bolton the lead.

Blackburn Rovers upset Stoke City 4-1 in the fifth round of the FA Cup to earn their tie with Liverpool. They have also beaten Swansea City and look to join Aston Villa, Arsenal, and Reading in the FA Cup semi-finals.

All my lucky charms will be out for this one, I'd say it will be a very difficult game, hopefully Liverpool can make it through.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

MON THE BURN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ha, a picture of Jordan Rhodes in the op. He has only one sub appearance for us in the FA Cup.:D

Anyways I really am not expecting anything from this game. Liverpool getting thumped by Arsenal is probably the worst thing that could have happened before this game for Rovers.

I'd be over the moon if we pulled off the upset in this one.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That Fellaini type player up front will cause us huge problems. Liverpool should win, but I don't expect it to be anything straightforward at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'll be watching this behind the metaphorical sofa.

No Can, Skrtel, Gerrard. Ibe is cup tied even if he were fit. Hard work and only one goal it in just don't ask me for who

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I am expecting a resounding Liverpool victory similar to some of last seasons results mainly down to the fact that I think Rodgers is going to drop the 3 at the back and revert to the diamond.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    That Fellaini type player up front will cause us huge problems. Liverpool should win, but I don't expect it to be anything straightforward at all.
    The name is Rudy Gestede, future EPL player imo. I'm not saying he will be there with Blackburn but he will be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

eagle eye wrote: »
    Ha, a picture of Jordan Rhodes in the op. He has only one sub appearance for us in the FA Cup.:D

I always thought it was a rose;)

Original pic was far too big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

eagle eye wrote: »
    The name is Rudy Gestede, future EPL player imo. I'm not saying he will be there with Blackburn but he will be there.

Wasn't he already a PL player with Cardif?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Penalties and a bad day to give up crystal meth.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Straight forward win for Liverpool I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Easy Liverpool win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Liverpool will progress here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Scrappy 1 goal win for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I've to be up early tomorrow,mis there anything to be said for going straight to the penalties?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Straight forward win for Liverpool I think.
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    Easy Liverpool win.
    bad2dabone wrote: »
    Liverpool will progress here.

239473_o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

This is going to be a horrible game

Penalties to infinity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Blackburn's chances will depend on who is passed fit to play.

Many of the FA Cup run team are injured or face late fitness tests.

If Gestede can prove his fitness it will be a massive boost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Have a fresh bottle of teachers and a bag of ice prep-ping for the game :D

It has a tough scrappy game written all over it but I think with the performances (even more so than results) against United and Arsenal, I think that Liverpool will come out of the blocks quickly to try to get some bit of humility back. If they lose tonight I can see a couple of players that will be looking at the door in a couple of months. Hendo and Sterling need to prove why they deserve new contracts let alone why they deserve pay increases. Tonight I feel some players such as Lovren and Mario (if fit) will be playing for their Anfield futures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Knex. wrote: »
    239473_o.gif

Not at all worried about this game to be honest - good chance to rest Can,Skrtel and Gerrard anyway - we could even play with 10 men from the start and still comfortably stroll through 3 or 4 nil.

We have a massive game against Newcastle coming up so might also be a good opportunity to give the young lads some game time and a taste of the rough and tumble of the lower leagues.

We can throw on Lambert and Borini to close the game out if things look anyway hairy near the end

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Not at all worried about this game to be honest - good chance to rest Can,Skrtel and Gerrard anyway - we could even play with 10 men from the start and still comfortably stroll through 3 or 4 nil.

We have a massive game against Newcastle coming up so might also be a good opportunity to give the young lads some game time and a taste of the rough and tumble of the lower leagues. We can throw no Lambert and Borini to close the game out if things look anyway hairy near the end

New here so not sure if serious..................:o

But if you are I admire your optimism. I dont think it will be as easy as that but in saying that we did go on a 13 game unbeaten streak and a 16 game unbeaten streak last season so we actually can put good runs together. We might not be scoring a lot but we do have a decent side.

Realistically Gerrard is no real loss as our recent streak was mostly without him. Can and Skrtel are big losses but if we can get through tonight and the weekend we have them back for the last 6 or 7 games which gives us a chance to go on a good run before the Chelsea game.

Its easy to say we wont get a top 4 and e likely wont, But If United and Arsenal can say they are in a title fight its ridiculous if we concede the top 4 fight already

I think this would be a good game to go two up top, the pitch is by all accounts terrible so a passing game from front to back might be asking for trouble. Just get the ball up top and hold on to it

Manquillo--Lovren--Sakho--Johnson (yes)
    Lucas
    Hendo
    Coutinho
    Sterling
    Sturridge--Other

I'd actually like the Other to be Lambert as I feel this is his sort of level, scrapping in the opposition defensive third laying the ball off to Hendo/Sterling/Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Can't see why people are saying its going to be an easy game, if it was the Liverpool would have won at home and not gone to a replay.

Can't see why people are saying its going to be an easy game, if it was the Liverpool would have won at home and not gone to a replay.

I don't think any Liverpool fan is anyhow, unless in a very unlikely set of events Cartman78 is being serious, but it doesn't seem that way to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I don't think any Liverpool fan is anyhow, unless in a very unlikely set of events Cartman78 is being serious, but it doesn't seem that way to me.

To clarify, I was being 10000% not serious.

This game has disaster written all over it - the season, the LFC thread and perhaps the entire planet are likely to go into complete meltdown if we fail to progress.

Need big performances from Coutinho and Sterling especially, if we get dragged into a scrappy long-ball arm-wrestle type affair it will all go t1ts up fairly lively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I am just annoyed that can't book anything yet for a semi final trip. Hoping my 2 home tie tickets will be enough to get a semi final ticket

I am just annoyed that can't book anything yet for a semi final trip. Hoping my 2 home tie tickets will be enough to get a semi final ticket

Regardless of result it's disgracefully close to the semi finals for fans.

Ridiculous that it couldn't be played sooner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Dont let this slip lads :D

Wow, there is an empty stage just waiting to be graced by you!

• Advertisement

Ah you'll be fine.

Blackburn won't sell out their allocation.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

you would have to fancy blackburn all things considered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

you would have to fancy blackburn all things considered

Hardly. Close game I reckon. 1-1 or 1-2 Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I think this would be a good game to go two up top, the pitch is by all accounts terrible so a passing game from front to back might be asking for trouble. Just get the ball up top and hold on to it

Manquillo--Lovren--Sakho--Johnson (yes)
    Lucas
    Hendo
    Coutinho
    Sterling
    Sturridge--Other

I'd actually like the Other to be Lambert as I feel this is his sort of level, scrapping in the opposition defensive third laying the ball off to Hendo/Sterling/Sturridge

I don't think he'll change to a back 4 just because of players being unavailable, so it'll be Lovren-Toure-Sakho (are they all available?).
    Will be interesting to see our FBs though.
    I think we'll see Allen instead of Other though, hoping he can disrupt their midfield so they don't put us on the back-foot too much.

2-1 Pool in extra time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mr.H wrote: »
    If United and Arsenal can say they are in a title fight its ridiculous if we concede the top 4 fight already

Who is saying this? Any rational United or Arsenal fan doesn't believe they are in a title fight.

Liverpool getting top 4 is far more likely than either of those teams winning the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Who is saying this? Any rational United or Arsenal fan doesn't believe they are in a title fight.

Liverpool getting top 4 is far more likely than either of those teams winning the league.

Van gaal is saying it .It's very unlikely as is liverpool getting top 4 but you never know. Due to the amount of fixtures between all the teams in contention it's a bit more likely than people imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Van gaal is saying it .It's very unlikely as is liverpool getting top 4 but you never know. Due to the amount of fixtures between all the teams in contention it's a bit more likely than people imagine.

Lip service. He'll keep saying it until it's mathematically impossible.
    Liverpool are definitely not out of it if they can recover from the recent blows and that stuff about calling out players and losing some heads in the dressing room is just paper talk.

Lip service. He'll keep saying it until it's mathematically impossible.
    Liverpool are definitely not out of it if they can recover from the recent blows and that stuff about calling out players and losing some heads in the dressing room is just paper talk.

The next 3 weeks will make things a lot more definitive. 3 big games utd city, chelsea utd and arsenal Chelsea. It's possible chelsea could drop 7 pts in their next 3 the thing is can utd or Arsenal win 3 to put the pressure on. It's also possible utd could drop 5 pts in the next 2 again can liverpool or spurs win their games to put pressure on. I think things will remain as they are but you never know.

Team in

my formation guess

Mig,
    Johnson, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno,
    Lucas
    Hendo-Allen
    Coutinho,
    Sterling, Sturridge

Jones, Toure, Manquillo, Brannagan, Markovic, Borini, Lambert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Was wondering if we'd revert back to a back 4 for the rest of the season.

Sterling just seemed wasted on the pitch when Sturridge was up top, tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

As expected, he's reverting back to the diamond so I'll go with my prediction from the first page of this thread. A very comfortable victory.

• Advertisement

Team in

my formation guess

Mig,
    Johnson, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno,
    Lucas
    Hendo-Allen
    Coutinho,
    Sterling, Sturridge

Jones, Toure, Manquillo, Brannagan, Markovic, Borini, Lambert

Very happy with that team and formation from the players avaliable.

Rovers

@OneRovers: ROVERS: Eastwood, Henley, Baptiste, Kilgallon ©, Olsson, Conway, Williamson, Evans, Marshall, Cairney, Rhodes.

@OneRovers: Subs: Steele, Spurr, Songo'o, Nyambe, Lenihan, Mahoney, Gestede.

Interesting that Rhodes is starting and not Gestede.

I like the Rovers team, we are undoubtedly setting up to counter down the wings. It's about the only way we have any chance in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Knex. wrote: »
    Was wondering if we'd revert back to a back 4 for the rest of the season.

Sterling just seemed wasted on the pitch when Sturridge was up top, tbh.

Absolutely agree with you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Liverpool to win on Penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Rodgers hinting it won't be a 4 at the back, great

The graphic on USA telly shows Hendo as wing back :(

The state of Warren Barton!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Robbie Savage having a moan about Balotelli even when he's not in the squad, never shuts up about him :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Balotelli with the sniffles again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Balotelli with a dose of the 'can f*ck offs'

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement