Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working the bank holiday

Options
  • 07-04-2015 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, I work part time 13 hours a week
    and I just worked the bank holiday just gone
    for 6 hours. Am I entitled to bank holiday pay?
    I worked New Years day for 10 hours and never
    got anything extra so this time im trying to be
    extra vigilant and actually know what im entitled
    to. Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

bkmoney wrote: »
    Hello, I work part time 13 hours a week
    and I just worked the bank holiday just gone
    for 6 hours. Am I entitled to bank holiday pay?
    I worked New Years day for 10 hours and never
    got anything extra so this time im trying to be
    extra vigilant and actually know what im entitled
    to. Thanks very much

All the details you need here:

Employees who qualify for public holiday benefit will be entitled to one of the following:

"A paid day off on the public holiday
    An additional day of annual leave
    An additional day's pay. (Double pay)
    A paid day off within a month of the public holiday"

"Part-time employees
    If you have worked for your employer at least 40 hours in the 5 weeks before the public holiday and the public holiday falls on a day you normally work you are entitled to a day's pay for the public holiday. If you are required to work that day you are entitled to an additional day's pay."

Similar hours to you, get paid double time on bank holidays, fulltimers get a extra day off if they work the bank holiday or they just get bank holiday off.

Check your contract, confirm your pay details and if they don't match you the link below, information a HR Exec or a Manager politely.

Source: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/leave_and_holidays/public_holidays_in_ireland.html

Advertisement