Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I do after getting scammed on adverts?

• 08-04-2015 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Okay so I was meant to swap a game with someone on adverts by post (pretty stupid I know, but I had done it before and it worked out okay and from the messages they'd sent me they seemed genuine. Also, they had sent me proof that they had the game) but now its a week since they had supposedly sent the game and still no sign. We both were supposed to send the games on the same day (again I realise how stupid I was to do that). Anyway, when I went to message the person, their account had been deleted/suspended.

I have never had anything like this happen before so I'm not quite sure what I should do. Any advice on how I should advance would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Contact Adverts to ask them what the procedure us? They have a forum where you can post here:

http://touch.boards.ie/forum/1200

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Nothing; you've been scammed and there's no comeback. Learn the lesson and move on basically.

Advertisement