Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jupiter lastnight

Options
  • 08-04-2015 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Also got to see Saturn and the ISS. I captured an image of that, but it's just a streak, it sure does move fast. This is the first night I used my DSLR on my friends telescope (Dob 8).

16885998809_699364cfc4_c.jpg
    Jupiter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Destructor!!!

That was a very fun evening - some of the moon shots are worthy of posting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Awesome photo, I'm out tonight up near the Neolithic wedge tomb in Kilmashogue trying out my 1100d with a 75 -300mm lens for the craic. What were your settings for that photo??
    This is my first attempt at astrophotography so see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭edward2222

How I wish I can join you guys..
    did you experience capturing a UFO?
    just wondering...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Baggirshorts

hytrogen wrote: »
    Awesome photo, I'm out tonight up near the Neolithic wedge tomb in Kilmashogue trying out my 1100d with a 75 -300mm lens for the craic. What were your settings for that photo??
    This is my first attempt at astrophotography so see how it goes

He shot that through a scope......
    I don't think your 75-300mm would pull in that kind of detail...but you would get a nice image......
    Try ISO 800 for about 30 seconds and see how it looks. Then mess with the settings around that to fine tune it.... Put your lens on infinity setting.....

Advertisement