Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mATX build help

Options
  • 08-04-2015 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭

Hi, bought a mATX build from hardwareversand and had it assembled by them. However, lately I've been running into some heat problems (PC tends to get extremely loud when playing games such as Sniper Elite 2) and I'm wondering if anyone has got any idea on what to do? I was wondering whether or not it's space that is the issue and is brining the high temperatures. If so, I'll attempt to disassemble and place them into a midi tower (new mobo of course)

Specs are as follows:
    AMD FX-6300 cpu
    GTX750ti
    Gigabyte GA-78LMT mobo
    BitFenix colossus mATX case

Had previously used stock fans but replaced two of the bottom ones with Corsair SP120's.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

First of all, where is the noise coming from?

Are you using the stock AMD cooler for the 6300? If so, that's your culprit - stock AMD coolers are pretty terrible (noise wise, from a pure get-on-with-it perspective, they're grand).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Are you using the stock AMD cooler for the 6300? If so, that's your culprit - stock AMD coolers are pretty terrible (noise wise, from a pure get-on-with-it perspective, they're grand).

This.

What model 750

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yes. Using the stock AMD cooler. So that's causing the temperature increase when gaming etc?

Gainward GeForce 750ti is the one I've got.

Advertisement