Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

opinions on this machine

• 08-04-2015 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

what does everyone thing, how much is it worth

http://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/colnago-c-50/9096305?offset=3

lets assume there are no dents in the frame/wheels and everything else is pretty good and he changes the 140mm stem for a more regular length say 110-120mm

these colnago get a pretty good reviews whenever you look

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Carbones new nearly cost the price of the bike itself.

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=71047

Though there would be an earlier model on that bike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Putting mudguards on that was a criminal act!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭aidanki

As you can see in the photos the mudguards aren't full length, I spoke to the seller and he had to fit the mudguards in that manner as they won't fit under the brakes

In such a case what can you do to fit proper mudguards ?

whatever bike I buy I will be fitting mudguards

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

aidanki wrote: »
    whatever bike I buy I will be fitting mudguards

I am with RobFowl, probably better to buy a different bike if you insist on putting mudguards on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

CramCycle wrote: »
    I am with RobFowl, probably better to buy a different bike if you insist on putting mudguards on

Really nice bike but I'd be giving it a very detailed look over first. Not a cheap set up to be replacing parts on.

If mudguards are that important to you, look at bikes with clearance for proper mudguards. His solution is ugly, poor protection and not very durable.

• Advertisement

ford2600 wrote: »
    His solution is ugly /discussion

FYP ;)

To be fair, I have the same ones on my commuter but that is only pretty to me so that's OK.

They do the job in terms of keeping sh1t of your back but they give no protection to your bike (your BB and downtube will be lathered in sh1t) or people behind you, and the back/front lack of cover will allow your feet to be soaked depending on how much sitting water there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭aidanki

rather mudguards than getting covered in wet TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I can't see those mudguards being a whole lot of use the way he has them fitted, all they're going to do is concentrate crud and sh*t around the brakes area on the front and rear.

If you abdolutely have to have mudguards on whatever bike you buy then at least buy a bike that allows them to be fitted properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

If you really want mudguards get a bike that has eyelets and clearance for full mudguards. Putting mudguards on that Colnago is like putting a towbar on a Ferrari

aidanki wrote: »
    rather mudguards than getting covered in wet TBH

The mudguards on that bike will only protect your back, your legs/feet will get destroyed, as will your brakes.

• Advertisement

I should add, the bike is good value, just if you want a bike with mudguards, this is the wrong one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

for 950 its worth it, even just to have a lovely vintage-ish Italian bike. Though, id have to call the colnago-cops on you if you don't take the mudguards off :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

The bike shouldn't have mudguards on it because it should never have been cycled in the rain... not something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

i have this exact colour scheme in a c50 too..

the fork isnt original...no at huge think but devalues it slightly..
    apart from that its worth the money..
    although id imagine a few of the components arent doing the frame the justice it deserves..
    the c50's are one of - if not the smoothest colnago frame ever made(early c 40's shade them) but from a performance point of view they are brilliant.. lively and handle like a train on rails..
    the subaru impreza of bikes.... point and shoot!!!! sure footed as hell
    the colnago police have a pop

Advertisement