Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit card online payments declined. Works fine everywhere else.

Options
  • 08-04-2015 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

since Saturday I've been having issues with my debit card, it's not being accepted anymore to pay online.

I can withdraw money from an ATM, I can pay in stores but if I try to buy something online the transaction is denied.
    I've called the Verified by Visa team and the Verified by Visa was reset. I've created a brand new password and same issue, so I guess that was not the problem.
    I get a "denied" transaction even for places where verified by visa is not supported, for example the iTunes store.

Can you help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

MrQuimper wrote: »
    Hi,

since Saturday I've been having issues with my debit card, it's not being accepted anymore to pay online.

I can withdraw money from an ATM, I can pay in stores but if I try to buy something online the transaction is denied.
    I've called the Verified by Visa team and the Verified by Visa was reset. I've created a brand new password and same issue, so I guess that was not the problem.
    I get a "denied" transaction even for places where verified by visa is not supported, for example the iTunes store.

Can you help?
    Hi MrQuimper, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear that you have been unable to use your card online. We would like to help you with this. I can see that you have also sent in a private message to us here and I will reply to you on that now. 

If you can provide us in the private message with your name, account holding branch and a contact number, we will have a representative with account access to contact you regarding this. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrQuimper

Hi,

thank you, my issue has been fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

MrQuimper wrote: »
    Hi,

thank you, my issue has been fixed.
    Hi MrQuimper,

Thanks for the update and we're delighted to hear this has been resolved for you. 
    If you need help with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement