Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to order from for getting games early?

Options
  • 08-04-2015 10:53am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭

I saw in another tread someone got their game delivered 2 days early by ordering from gamestop.ie but does any other places sometimes deliver their games early?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Nowhere delivers games early (before release date) after the GTA 5 debacle of people getting them 48 hours early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Nowhere in Ireland will do that. Only UK and US get that privilege it seems.

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Not sure about PC or PS4, but on Xbox you can download titles early and they'll become available at midnight on release day. It's the most reliable way to get a game on time.

The downside is you need a decent internet connection as a lot of games are 40gb+, and also you sometimes miss out on the special offers that places like gamestop have. On the plus side you don't have to be annoyed by discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Gamesnash used to be great and gave priority to boards.ie posters, I miss them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Unearthly wrote: »
    Gamesnash used to be great and gave priority to boards.ie posters, I miss them :(

What happened to them? Last game I ordered from them was GTAV, it arrived launch morning while I was eating a sausage sambo... good times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

thorbarry wrote: »
    What happened to them? Last game I ordered from them was GTAV, it arrived launch morning while I was eating a sausage sambo... good times

Last I heard they were selling off all their last-gen games for a fiver. Never really made the jump to PS4/Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

thorbarry wrote: »

Looks like they ceased trading. Selling off their second hand stock for a fiver now. I used to get Friday releases on the Thursday with standard shipping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭thomqs

So gamestop.ie won't be doing this now either?

Advertisement