Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIKVISION CCTV RECORDER

Options
  • 08-04-2015 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Got CCTV installed 6 months ago. The DVD Recorder started beeping, still under warranty.

Contacted installer, said the hard drive is the cause and promised numerous times to replace it, no go. I'm giving up at this stage.

Do I have to get someone else out to replace or could I do it myself. TIA.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If it's only 6 months old he really should be sorting this for you under warranty at no cost to yourself.
    If you go at this yourself you will void all warranties.
    Did you use a PSA licenced installer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 siobhancork

KoolKid wrote: »
    If it's only 6 months old he really should be sorting this for you under warranty at no cost to yourself.
    If you go at this yourself you will void all warranties.
    Did you use a PSA licenced installer?

Yes, he's registered, well known installer as well.
    Lost count of the number of times I've rang him at this stage.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you tried contacting the company's certification body. Unless there is something we aren't hearing about there's no reason not to sort this for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 siobhancork

KoolKid wrote: »
    Have you tried contacting the company's certification body. Unless there is something we aren't hearing about there's no reason not to sort this for you.

No he did a house alarm for us as well, no issues there.
    It's just the CCTV we're having a problem with.
    Rang him yesterday again, promised he'd be out today.
    Not holding my breath at this stage.
    Will PM you his name, see what you think..

Advertisement