Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any male / female alt musos in their 30s in Dublin?

• 08-04-2015 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi guys and gals,

Any male / female alt musos in their 30s in Dublin who’d like to do something on a semi-casual basis?

I know, at this age, we all have other commitments!

You don’t have to be in your 30s, but I’m in my late 30s, as David Brent would say.

I’ve been involved in several original projects (and covers) at various stages over the years, so it’s not new to me at all.

Musical refugees who are violinists or keys players or drummers or drum machines or samplers or guitarists who like noise most welcome to get in touch.

I’m not in a position to jam at home (near Vicar St) right now, but could work something out.

Influences: Everything and anything, but currently listening to Low, Swervedriver, Bon Iver, as well as lots of other heavier and not so heavy music from folk to post rolk.

I can send on a link to previous work and some rough stuff at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

seachto7 wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals,

Any male / female alt musos in their 30s in Dublin who’d like to do something on a semi-casual basis?

I know, at this age, we all have other commitments!

You don’t have to be in your 30s, but I’m in my late 30s, as David Brent would say.

I’ve been involved in several original projects (and covers) at various stages over the years, so it’s not new to me at all.

Musical refugees who are violinists or keys players or drummers or drum machines or samplers or guitarists who like noise most welcome to get in touch.

I’m not in a position to jam at home (near Vicar St) right now, but could work something out.

Influences: Everything and anything, but currently listening to Low, Swervedriver, Bon Iver, as well as lots of other heavier and not so heavy music from folk to post rolk.

I can send on a link to previous work and some rough stuff at the moment.
    i'm interested.....guitars/bass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Nice one. I'll send you a link of some stuff after lunch if it's ok?
    Your username is familiar for whatever reason! Could be the rock forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 TheBoo!

Yep, I fit the description. I play a good few instruments and sing

Hi guys unt gals. Chiming back in on my own thread a year down the line! My stint in Dublin ended and I moved back to Limerick, but now I'm back up here properly (but currently looking for a place!)

So... still the same as before. Any piano players, violin players, drummers?

I have no idea what sound to go after, but I like slowcore, post rock type stuff, and only waiting to hit the big muff.

Maybe a minimal approach in terms of set up, so could be be guitar/keys/drums. The more harmonies the better.

Talking through my hat?

Maybe if people replied with what type of music they'd like to make, and take it from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭bigtomm

If your in limerick areas..please get in touch

Maarsvolta,dirtythree,johnkellyensemblle,,doors,electric wolf,sttanton Moore,ssurfrocck

• Advertisement

bigtomm wrote: »
    If your in limerick areas..please get in touch

Maarsvolta,dirtythree,johnkellyensemblle,,doors,electric wolf,sttanton Moore,ssurfrocck

Hmm. I'm from Limerick myself, but in Dublin these days.

I'm wondering who you are now! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

seachto7 wrote: »
    Hmm. I'm from Limerick myself, but in Dublin these days.

I'm wondering who you are now! :)

Sadly I've left my 30s this week.... Still alt as f**k though

Sadly I've left my 30s this week.... Still alt as f**k though

That's good! Never too old to be alt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭bigtomm

I'm the musical version of taken...
    If y'all drift back down here, lets jam

I'm around every other weekend.

• Advertisement

I'm going to bump this and see what comes in the letterbox...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 revolv909

Simuar to yourself. Im mid 30s ;). And like making noise! Nothing specific, just good noise.

https://soundcloud.com/economusic

thats my soundcloud!. Have a listen and see if you think your interested!! :)

I work with samplers and more computer based than i am instrument but the skys the limit... innit

Advertisement