Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloning a Telcoma Edge Gate remote control transmitter

Options
  • 08-04-2015 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'd like to clone/replicate a gate buzzer for the gated complex we're living in.

It's a Telcoma Edge which looks like this:

edge2-lrg.png

I have found a number of possible replacements but most saying they don't support rolling codes. How do I determine if the gate is using rolling codes?

Thanks very much,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

Hi John

Open your remote and see if there are dip switches in it

Are you looking after the gates in the complex

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Hi John

Open your remote and see if there are dip switches in it

Are you looking after the gates in the complex

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It seems to be sealed and I don't think there are switches in it because the videos and tutorials I have found on programming it involve "self-learning".

I'm not looking after the gates, I'm just a tenant who doesn't want to pay the €80 deposit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

There are other remotes but you would have to program in at the gate controller

If you get a Telecoma you should be able to clone them

Best advice would be to get one from your landlord and save yourself the trouble

There is probably a company looking after the gates and if you were seen working at them it probably wouldn't go down to well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

John_Mc wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It seems to be sealed and I don't think there are switches in it because the videos and tutorials I have found on programming it involve "self-learning".

I'm not looking after the gates, I'm just a tenant who doesn't want to pay the €80 deposit :P

If it is only a deposit then you will get it back when you return the fob at the end of your tenancy. Your way will cost you more as you will end up with a fob.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »

Thanks but my question asks how I determine if the gate is using rolling codes or not. That listing specifically says it cannot work with rolling codes.

altor wrote: »
    If it is only a deposit then you will get it back when you return the fob at the end of your tenancy. Your way will cost you more as you will end up with a fob.

It's an 80 euro deposit which I won't get back for years (hopefully if we stay there long term). My way might only cost €20 and I'll have a programmable fob at the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

John_Mc wrote: »
    Thanks but my question asks how I determine if the gate is using rolling codes or not. That listing specifically says it cannot work with rolling codes.

It soecfically says it works with your model of gates

Advertisement