Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Private ambulance wage

• 08-04-2015 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys.... Working on getting my AP reg and just wondering if its best to apply to NAS or to privates first... Whats the wage of the private APs? Is it considerably less? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭palmtrees

NAS advanced paramedic pay start at ~36k euro. I can't imagine that a private would pay near to that amount unfortunately, though you could work with a private ambulance organisation until the HSE NAS recruit for qualified personnel.

It may be worth getting in touch with HR directly as almost all advanced paramedics are employed by the HSE or Dublin fire brigade in Ireland...they may be in a position to make an exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

palmtrees wrote: »
    NAS advanced paramedic pay start at ~36k euro. I can't imagine that a private would pay near to that amount unfortunately, though you could work with a private ambulance organisation until the HSE NAS recruit for qualified personnel.

It may be worth getting in touch with HR directly as almost all advanced paramedics are employed by the HSE or Dublin fire brigade in Ireland...they may be in a position to make an exception.

36k? Its a bit more than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭palmtrees

antichrist wrote: »
    36k? Its a bit more than that

I'm going based on the public HSE pay scales
    Paramedics starting at ~26k and the 9k AP bonus
    What's their wage then?

Coming in with no service accrued you'd be looking at about 40K.....it goes up then when you work a Sunday etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

I think he meant basic is 36k. When you factor in Sundays, unsocial hours and night duty premium it'd be north of 40k alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 WestOzpara

So would I expect the same wage in lifeline or medicall? Or would it be a bit less. Over here privates earn a tiny bit less....

A lot less

Advertisement