Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat distribution

Options
  • 08-04-2015 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anybody tell me if there is such a thing as a pad or ceramic tablet that creates more even heat distribution in an electric oven?. I rent an apartment and the oven isn't great and as it isn't technically faulty just not that great the landlord is unlikely to replace it.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You could leave a pizza stone permanently in the oven, that would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

You could leave a pizza stone permanently in the oven, that would help.

Cheers, where do you get them?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I got mine in TkMaxx, but most shops that sell homewares have them. I know Woodies usually do. They cost around €15-€20.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Just bear in mind, the pizza stone will take a bit longer to heat up, so leave the oven on a while longer before using it.
    We have a terrible electric oven in this place, with elements on top and bottom, no fan. When I heat the pizza stone for pizza I leave it on a good 30mins before puttin pizza in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I got mine in TkMaxx, but most shops that sell homewares have them. I know Woodies usually do. They cost around €15-€20.

Cheers, I'll check them out, if not I've found some online for around the same price. I'd love to buy a shiny new fan oven even though I'm renting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement