Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are Irish sales and when do new collections appear?

• 08-04-2015 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I'm a guy with no great love of clothes shopping, but I accept I will need to buy new clothes (!) so I'm curious about the "fashion calendar" and when I should make the effort to see what's on offer.

In terms of Irish "high street shops"...

Everybody knows the big sale every year is post-Christmas.
    There is also a similarly big sale in summer, right? Is there some date when this generally happens?

Is the summer sale called a "mid-season sale", or is that term used for other, smaller sales? If the latter, do the smaller sales take place generally according to some predictable schedule, or do they just occur in individual retailers at the whim of that particular retailer?

Then, there are two collections every year - Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter. When do these appear in shops?

Advertisement