Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spider identity

• 08-04-2015 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭

Can anyone identify this spider I found in my shed earlier, it is sitting on a piece of timber that is 2 inches across.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

I maybe wrong but that looks like a false widow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

I would have said house spider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

I thought False widow from Google images has a bigger sack and some red on it.

I don't know about house spider, I've had spiders in my house and this is easily twice the size of anything I've ever seen in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

It's definitely a House Spider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's just a house spider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Cheers. Big oul house spider never seen one that size before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Its a giant house spider

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_house_spider

expect a lot more of them in the warm weather. Very fast little feckers too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jorgolyte

Massive house spiders everywhere. A nuisance but harmless.

Ever have that feeling something is crawling on your neck only to realize it's your shirt collar? Happened to me yesterday as I was snoozing with my young boy. Brushed my collar away and resettled. Couple minutes later my 'collar' was tickling my shoulder blade. Oh my. That 2 seconds it took to roll, reach, grab and fling this monster will stay with me a great long while. I'm not even that queasy about them but it was pretty awful. Shake out your blankets folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Definitely a giant house spider, false widows have a very distinctive white pattern on their abdomen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Folks,
    This thread is 5 months old.
    No need to resurrect it.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement