Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i have sent numerous emails to bank of ireland about an account i opened 15 years ago

Options
  • 08-04-2015 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

i have statements showing when i opened the account ....i'm not sure which branch it was opened at....but i have letters and account numbers.  please can someone tell me the best way to go about getting the status on my account.  i thank you kindly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

beckypoooh wrote: »
    i have statements showing when i opened the account ....i'm not sure which branch it was opened at....but i have letters and account numbers.  please can someone tell me the best way to go about getting the status on my account.  i thank you kindly.
    Hi beckypooh, 

Thanks for your post.

On your bank statement at the top it should say the name of your branch, with the branch phone number and branch sort code.

If you need clarification on this please contact Banking 365 on 0818365365 and a colleague will happily look into this for you.

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 5 beckypoooh

Hi beckypooh, 

Thanks for your post.

On your bank statement at the top it should say the name of your branch, with the branch phone number and branch sort code.

If you need clarification on this please contact Banking 365 on 0818365365 and a colleague will happily look into this for you.

Janette
    branch code is 30-10-27 and it says on my checks luton bedfordshire which doesnt pop up in the locator.  please advise thank you

im not sure how to use these boards, but its the only response i'm getting from bank of ireland.  i am unable to call internationally at this time.
    i'm trying to find branch on chapel street luton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

im not sure how to use these boards, but its the only response i'm getting from bank of ireland.  i am unable to call internationally at this time.
    can you tell me what happens to accounts that are inactive for several years?  or what happens to forgotten accounts

• Advertisement

can you tell me what happens to accounts that are inactive for several years?  or what happens to forgotten accounts
    helps alot.....why isnt this on the BOI SITE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

What you need to do is dig up as much information as you can when you set the account up. So you would want the address used to set the account up. Other info like when you set it up and when you last used it would also help prove you are the account owner. Then just write to the branch giving as much info as possible and ask them how to proceed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi beckypooh, 

Thanks for your post.

Janette
    branch code is 30-10-27 and it says on my checks luton bedfordshire which doesnt pop up in the locator.  please advise thank you
    Hi beckypoooh,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

While we no longer have a branch in Luton, you can contact our team directly on 0845 850 1234 and one of our representatives will check the status of your account.

If you still have your cheque book your account number will be listed on the cheque book.

We're online on Boards.ie forum Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm & Saturday: 9am - 1pm.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement