Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Female work wear - anywhere got sales on??

• 08-04-2015 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

I tend to wear suits to work, find it handiest. But I am open to suggestions.

Anyone seen any nice work wear anywhere? Preferably somewhere there are sales on please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

I got 2 gorgeous blazers in H&M - €30 each. One in pale pink and one black and I wear them over a variety of skirts and dresses.

I got lovely striped shirts in H&M €12.95 and I wear them with black trousers or skirts, I also got 2 pencil skirts in H&M, polo necks and other tops (wow, I've really gotten a lot of my work clothes from H&M lately! :pac: )
    I got a really nice pencil skirt on boohoo.com and they had it in loads of colours. I used to always wear suits too but now I mix it up so much more.

Black skirts and you can't go wrong. I even got some nice blouses in Penneys for work wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I wouldnt have thought of h&m. I tend to go for boring corporate style.

I will check h&m out this weekend.
    Never really happy with quality of penneys for work tbh...

amdublin wrote: »
    I wouldnt have thought of h&m. I tend to go for boring corporate style.

I will check h&m out this weekend.
    Never really happy with quality of penneys for work tbh...

The trousers in Penneys don't float my boat but I have gotten lucky with one or 2 skirts and a couple of blouses that I wear under a blazer.

H&M have a lovely selection of 'grown up' work wear as well. Nice tailored dresses and skirts, jackets to match.

Enjoy your shopping trip ;)

Well I got some great stuff! In Penneys and in Gap.

I will post pictures later.

I didn't really enjoy the shopping tbh - I am very much a "needs must" type person. But I am very excited about what I got and looking forward to showing y'all later.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Not on sale but picked up a few lovely, reasonably priced bits in Zara the other day and a big +1 for H&M from me too, got a lot of winter workwear in there. This week I picked up a beautiful pair of white suit pants and a lovely light blue and white striped blouse there. I look forward to wearing them as the weather improves!

• Advertisement

First up the penneys haul.

A blue and white stripped seersucker jacket.
    pic no 1 with a white top from penneys today under it (my own trousers)
    Pic no 2 jacket with blue top from penneys underneath

A dress and jacket combo from penneys.

Hmmmm. My phone does not seem to have option of adding pics. I will have to figure this out.

t03ev9.jpg

b5mfcw.jpg

72ax51.jpg

And the Gap haul

3 nice light loose type tops which I will wear with trousers and jackets I already have

25gckeg.jpg

So what do you think? How did I do, you likey??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

You look great :) good job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

The Penneys haul in particular is lovely. The figure on you! Well wear :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Love the Penneys dress! Good shopping, well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Sorry to intrude but just wondering how much did you pay for the Penneys blazer? Its lovely!

Luno wrote: »
    Sorry to intrude but just wondering how much did you pay for the Penneys blazer? Its lovely!

It was €25.

You got great stuff. I'm jealous, I'd love a shopping trip :)

It all looks very well on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Lovely trousers also! I hate the wide legged ones!

Advertisement