Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried about Junior Cert😢

Options
  • 08-04-2015 8:40pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi I'm currently in Third year doing my junior in less than a few weeks. I did good in the mocks I got a number of Bs in history, geography, Irish etc and Cs in business, french etc. I'm just worried that my grades wont go up or my high grades will fall. I'm putting in a huge amount of study everyday. I made out a timetable and I fell behind but I still got bits done on everything. I attend after school study classes 5 days a week and I'm doing easter study classes in my school as well as studying at home. I know the marking scheme in most subjects pretty well but I just hope I don't get horrible papers on the day😢. Its my birthday on the French and history exam so with a bit of look they might of made the papers nice haha.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You will be fine.

You have done the work, you deserve to do really well. Just make sure to answer the right number of questions, or the correct choice of parts of questions and always read the question twice to make sure of what they are asking you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Hi I'm currently in Third year doing my junior in less than a few weeks. I did good in the mocks I got a number of Bs in history, geography, Irish etc and Cs in business, french etc. I'm just worried that my grades wont go up or my high grades will fall. I'm putting in a huge amount of study everyday. I made out a timetable and I fell behind but I still got bits done on everything. I attend after school study classes 5 days a week and I'm doing easter study classes in my school as well as studying at home. I know the marking scheme in most subjects pretty well but I just hope I don't get horrible papers on the day😢. Its my birthday on the French and history exam so with a bit of look they might of made the papers nice haha.

I think you're just worrying over nothing now! You're putting in the work and it has to pay off. Don't be hard on yourself! As long as you keep up the effort you're putting in, you'll reap the rewards! :)

I had Science and Religion exams on my birthday when I did my Junior Cert and it was a pain and unfortunately they weren't much nicer than my other ones :p Don't worry honestly, you'll be fine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭masterofchess1

same with me. for my mocks I got 5 as 4 bs one c and a d (in tech graph). I am only worrying as i dont feel that i have done enough work. I literally didnt look at a book for the mocks until the actual day of exam. There are only three weeks and a bit left and now I am beginning to actually study. Is it too late or can I still do well. (hoping for 8 as, thats why I am worrying)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes, it's quite possible. Please don't get over stressed about the Junior Cert..

do you mean to get 8 a's ?. By the way you are very helpful . thanks.

• Advertisement

I hope you dont mind me asking, but how much did you get in your jc.

Good God that was in 1978 and it was called the Inter. Cert. - I don't remember exactly, but I didn't fail anything.

Yes you could get 8As or more. It's quite possible all your Bs could come up to As.

its funny that, when you post on every thread I always thought you were under 20 for some odd reason.... May be your pic.

Thanks for the inspiration. I feel like a weight has been taken off my shoulders with your comment. Youre right, I probably shouldnt stress over the jc. Thank you sooooo much

You will do better than you think.

In many cases the JC is a confidence booster before you start on the LC. The secret to the LC is to keep up during 5th year, do all your homework and not leave a classroom without understanding what was done - even if it means asking the teacher afterwards. If you do that, you'll find you remember and understand things better when you come to study and revise in 6th year.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ✭✭AvrilDoyle2000

Cant wait for the junior to be finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

You'll regret saying that when you're in sixth year :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Once the exams start, they fly by. It's the waiting that's the annoying part.

Advertisement