Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Went to look at a car in the garage that has that celica, he's a dab hand with a camera !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Went to look at a car in the garage that has that celica, he's a dab hand with a camera !!!
    Does the car look much worse in real life?

Yep. A ball of shyte.

Just re read Seweryns post,it wasn't the Celica I looked at,was something else. I recognised the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-celica-xt-2dr-1981/21471141

MTJmOGExMWRiYjFiZjRmMWJhMzUxYWY3M2FjNDY2ZTlHi_Y8p2ibkXyF_SlfmkEoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjE2Mzg1MDV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

€3250 seems a bit of a bargain for this Celica, its NCT'd and all according to the ad but no details found on the website.

Was looking at that earlier.

Has it been conclusively established that it's a ball of shyte?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

For that price I wouldn't expect a perfect car. It is nearly 40 years old and all. It does have a long NCT. Maybe the car looks a lot worse than in the pictures, but it's very cheap for what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

supervento wrote: »

1998 on a ZV... Ffs

1998 on a ZV... Ffs

It's registered as a '88. If it has the chassis from an originally '88 car this is fully legal afaik. Even if it has the body of a much newer (non vintage) car. We've covered this many times

Never had an NCT though. Why doesn't that suprise me...

unkel wrote: »
    It's registered as a '88. If it has the chassis from an originally '88 car this is fully legal afaik. Even if it has the body of a much newer (non vintage) car. We've covered this many times

Never had an NCT though. Why doesn't that suprise me...

I'm not arguing the legality in the strictest sense here.

But I hate it. And the fact that he's got 1998 in the ad as well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Bus Boy

11wingnut wrote: »

Lovely pics from Bull Wall. I wonder did Dolphin Motors look after her. Nice project.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I think that RR has the correct body for a 1988 so giving benefit of doubt the 1998 is probably a typo.
    The apparent lack of NCT is another matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

elperello wrote: »
    I think that RR has the correct body for a 1988 so giving benefit of doubt the 1998 is probably a typo.
    The apparent lack of NCT is another matter.

Would it possibly have been taxed as a commercial therefore needing a doe?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

11wingnut wrote: »

s-l800.jpg

F377 NPA

There's enough of that readable in the first picture to ID it. So why bother scrubbing out the rest of the pics?
    47466996672_739c543e3a_m.jpg

...and it's been a long time since it was exported.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Seen that Citroen parked up off Vernon avenue before Christmas. I think it was same one, all cleaned up now by looks of the current pics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

bri007 wrote: »
    Seen that Citroen parked up off Vernon avenue before Christmas. I think it was same one, all cleaned up now by looks of the current pics

The wheels look suspiciously like those fitted to some Alfa Romeo models, certainly not from 1988.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

swarlb wrote: »
    The wheels look suspiciously like those fitted to some Alfa Romeo models, certainly not from 1988.

Well he did say that in the description.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

This guy is a known classic Citroen buff, so I'd be confident this car is as good as it looks. States in other ad that it has an NCT, NCT site shows it running out last August.

1989 CX 22 TRS, €56 Tax, €5,750

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/citroen-cx-22-trs-/21421089

ZDI5M2NiZWY1MmE2Y2EzOWVmZmExMmIwMmRlMTI4ODgttzIfYXpj6GO93CCSmBVhaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjEyNDYxMTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

M2NiYWQ1MTdiNzM3ZTJlNGI0NzE3MGY0NDEzMDE1YjASmx6iAJObwIbKlzzLYo7EaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjEyNDYxMTZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

My uncle had a series of these back in the 70s. I remember those seats :)

The way I read those ads is that the seller is not claiming it has a current NCT though. It sailed through it 2 years ago and just 350km ago. But the test ran out as you say last August. Unfortunately it's a manual box

It's not taxed though and according to the motor tax site, it is still on the old tax (EUR951)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

unkel wrote: »
    My uncle had a series of these back in the 70s. I remember those seats :)

The way I read those ads is that the seller is not claiming it has a current NCT though. It sailed through it 2 years ago and just 350km ago. But the test ran out as you say last August. Unfortunately it's a manual box

It's not taxed though and according to the motor tax site, it is still on the old tax (EUR951)
    dose the tax not automatically change to the lower rate when the car is 30 years old?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

oceanman wrote: »
    dose the tax not automatically change to the lower rate when the car is 30 years old?
    No, you have to ask them nicely. Even when you import a 30+ year old car and pay your first tax bill in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

No, you need to change the taxation class with a trip to your local tax office! Its farcical, because if it was the other way round and you the tax went up at 30 years, you can bet your bottom dollar it'd be done automatically!

Anyway, on that CX, IMO there is a very limited market for it on these shores being 2.2/manual/LHD. Even for international buyers its a bit out of the way...

Tidy looking car though, and love the sellers Hymermobil!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

KevRossi wrote: »
    This guy is a known classic Citroen buff, so I'd be confident this car is as good as it looks. States in other ad that it has an NCT, NCT site shows it running out last August.

If you look at the second picture you can just see the nose of a particularly nice DS

mikehn wrote: »
    If you look at the second picture you can just see the nose of a particularly nice DS

There's two goddesses in the pictures :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

No you have to change it, they will keep on charging the full rate if you don't realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Interesting car, wonder what it's based on to get the 1961 reg. Could be a ball of shlte, could be a ball of fun.

€5,500

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/robin-hood-2b-kit-car/21485076

NzM1ZWVjMzYzYjY5NGVjMzYyNjcyMzhjM2VkZjQzOTUEMxLXl-y9MQTQswilh7hOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjE3NTE5NTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I'd say that's as much fun as piles !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

kev1.3s wrote: »
    It would be the coupe I'd go for, for the practicality in this climate but also because I just prefer coupes. MG's are pretty basic and easy to work on.
    I'd hold out for one with the chrome bumpers.
    The rubber ones look absolutely muck

Followed this advice and am now the very proud owner of a 1970 MG BGT. Chrome bumpers, wired wheels, leather seats. Delighted. Now to read the Haynes manual and start shopping/browsing for little bits and pieces online....

Advertisement