Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

Green 1973 one, no rust apparently and running fine. Tried to get my father to buy it but he's happy with his Porsche for now! It looked a smashing car for the money
    yeah seen that one...looked clean alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,057 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    We already have to pay duty in cars coming from outside the eu though. I would say yes, after brexit duty will need to be paid.

Yeah, you are right. I'd presumed it was one or the other. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Green 1973 one, no rust apparently and running fine. Tried to get my father to buy it but he's happy with his Porsche for now! It looked a smashing car for the money

What Porsche has he got?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

w124man wrote: »
    No!

Ehhhhhh........ Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ACAB :pac:
    Always carry a bible? :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

unkel wrote: »
    What Porsche has he got?

82 924:

48366099157_38bda6a86c_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Hi All
    I am looking at an 83 porche 924 as a winter project. I assumed that the 30 year rule applies for VRT, out of curiosity (aka mindlessly surfing) I went into the VRT calculator and Porsche is not listed. Any ideas anyone.

• Advertisement

Porsche, Ferrari and various other exotic marques are not on the calculator. In any case a 924 will be €200 to clear

mikehn wrote: »
    Hi All
    I am looking at an 83 porche 924 as a winter project.

Just €200 to VRT it as it is over 30 years old. And just €56 to tax it for the year

It needs to be NCT tested though. Are you confident it will pass the test (after you fix it up)?

There was a 77 924 on Donedeal a few days ago, in very good condition, for €1250. It had a stuck starter according to the seller, and had been in a shed for a few years. Needless to say, it was sold and gone in less than an hour. An absolute bargain judging by the photos and what the seller had to say. I wanted it for myself.

Mechanically they are a bit complex, a car for the more experienced car tinkerer IMO. Parts are expensive too I've found, obviously the Porsche badge carries a premium even on the bottom of the barrel models.

Have a look at this thread Mikehn, its a wealth of knowledge. There are a few regular posters who are owners and they have been a great help to my father since buying his.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057360832

unkel wrote: »
    Just €200 to VRT it as it is over 30 years old. And just €56 to tax it for the year

It needs to be NCT tested though. Are you confident it will pass the test (after you fix it up)?
    Not really, but tis the journey not the arrival that interests me. I spent two years on and off on an Mr2 that was pulled out of a shed in Waterford and it went through the nct last month successfully so I'm feeling a bit overconfident :D Seriously I think I should be OK though.

There was a 77 924 on Donedeal a few days ago, in very good condition, for €1250. It had a stuck starter according to the seller, and had been in a shed for a few years. Needless to say, it was sold and gone in less than an hour. An absolute bargain judging by the photos and what the seller had to say. I wanted it for myself.

Mechanically they are a bit complex, a car for the more experienced car tinkerer IMO. Parts are expensive too I've found, obviously the Porsche badge carries a premium even on the bottom of the barrel models.

Have a look at this thread Mikehn, its a wealth of knowledge. There are a few regular posters who are owners and they have been a great help to my father since buying his.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057360832
    Many thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

This looks nice at €2,500. Would imply though at that price that it could need more work than the seller is letting on - no real description on what it needs workwise, interior looks sound but the dash looks badly cracked.

Would love to own one at some point. My dad had an '88 Sapphire.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-sierra/22226381

494175.jpg

Here it is in another life, a year ago:

34498835636_174e092b3b_c.jpg

33729550603_8611af3322_c.jpg

34154434380_5660205463_c.jpg

34379217972_3542fe2fcd_c.jpg

Note the front number plate in the Donedeal ad is wrong, it reads 523 and not 532

Amazing what a bottle of t-cut will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Amazing what a bottle of t-cut will do.

Doesn't banish rust though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

Note the front number plate in the Donedeal ad is wrong, it reads 523 and not 532

Christ. :(

On the topic of Sierras, are there any Cork-built ones still in existence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

34498835636_174e092b3b_c.jpg

Tis a fair clean up all the same. I'd like to get a look at it. the cracked dash would be a biggie though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Tis a fair clean up all the same. I'd like to get a look at it. the cracked dash would be a biggie though.

Ah.. they can be mended quite successfully now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Ah.. they can be mended quite successfully now.

Really? Never seen one repaired that looked right but it's been a while.
    I'd be inclined to replace if one could be got.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,057 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

Another 7 series also for sale in kerry. https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1055720

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Really? Never seen one repaired that looked right but it's been a while.
    I'd be inclined to replace if one could be got.

https://www.classictrim.co.uk/dashtoprepair.html
    Never seen it up close and personal myself but these look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Now that's a blast from the past!

It last got through the test 5 years ago. And asking price very reasonable (and probably up for another few hundred off). As you say, could be worth a trip to Kinnegad :)

• Advertisement

Love these, Saab 900. If this was anyway right it's a good price :

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/saab-900-1983/23335731

Advertisement