Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

im guessing that the reg 88ww11nnn was one of the ones issued around 2009 - 2011 when they skipped the sequences on imported cars?

Yes, post 5th Dec 2011, old Wicklow serials for imports kick off at 11001.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Some quality detective work there. Never copped the key ring!

What I meant about the sequence number was that some counties reverted to issuing plates on the old sequence again, in Kerry certainly, and Dublin too for example. That's what had me thinking it had been vrt'ed some time ago.

Thanks hor ending the speculation!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice work, macplaxton! Never spotted the key tag myself.

That recognition cert must be a new thing? Last few cars I just sent the MOT cert in with the Application for the Recognition of an EU Out-of-State Certificate of Roadworthiness for a Passenger Vehicle

Linky

And no money and within a week or so I had a fresh NCT cert for the car with the same end date as the MOT. I guess the owner of the Audi could do the same and will get an NCT until April alright! It of course remains to be seen if the car would pass an NCT test here. Also, from the MOT history the car has been sitting up for over a decade, so would probably need some serious recommissioning

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

unkel wrote: »
    You haven't tried adverts yet then? :D
    Porsche for Sale. No Swaps.

"swap for a ironing bord and a clothes horce ??"

What I meant about the sequence number was that some counties reverted to issuing plates on the old sequence again, in Kerry certainly, and Dublin too for example. That's what had me thinking it had been vrt'ed some time ago.

I understood it was for registrations up to 2011. Newer aged imports would just fall in the normal sequence. e.g. import a 2009 vehicle and get a telephone number, import a 2012 vehicle and it falls in the normal sequence.

• Advertisement

That recognition cert must be a new thing? Last few cars I just sent the MOT cert in with the Application for the Recognition of an EU Out-of-State Certificate of Roadworthiness for a Passenger Vehicle

Linky

And no money and within a week or so I had a fresh NCT cert for the car with the same end date as the MOT.

Couldn't say if it's a new thing or not. First car I've imported since 20 May 2018 when swaps were introduced.
    I guess the owner of the Audi could do the same and will get an NCT until April alright! It of course remains to be seen if the car would pass an NCT test here. Also, from the MOT history the car has been sitting up for over a decade, so would probably need some serious recommissioning

Och will you stop banging on about the NCT! :D It's doesn't have Papal infallibility. Despite the lack of miles, the car has had a periodic roadworthiness inspection every year and passed it. Even when it has failed, the issues have been rectified* and passed.

CONDITION CONDITION CONDITION. That's what it's all about. Bits of paper are nice, but wouldn't stop me buying a car that was in the right condition.

I've no time for the pope or what he says, thank fook his word is no longer the law in this country - only just :D

NCT is the law though and it would be for the benefit of the whole classic car community if it would be enforced and the rot boxes are taken off our roads...

I don't really want to be getting into another NCT discussion in this thread.

It'd be nice if it was just about classic Irish bargains (or not bargains) that everyone isn't buying. ;)

I have one that everyone isn't buying. Comes with nearly 2 years NCT :pac:

500691.jpg

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It's still a beaut.

I wish I was in the market for that right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Linky

I had it in my head she was the 2.6 version - is it a 2.0 carb ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

500691.jpg

Linky

Ooohhhhh....... I’ll show this to the wife later but I don’t hold out much hope:(
    With the three I have it’s like a busy nightclub. One out one in.......

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I had it in my head she was the 2.6 version - is it a 2.0 carb ?

Nothing wrong with your head. I had a 190E 2.6l (straight six petrol) before, that I sold about this time last year to a lovely gentleman in Kerry!

This one is indeed a 2.0l 4 cylinder carb 190 (the E at the end of 190E stands for Einspritzung, which is German for fuel injection, so this one is a 190, not a 190E)
    Ooohhhhh....... I’ll show this to the wife later but I don’t hold out much hope:(
    With the three I have it’s like a busy nightclub. One out one in.......

Sometimes our classic car hobby is shared with our spouses only on a "need to know" basis :pac:

Nothing wrong with your head. I had a 190E 2.6l (straight six petrol) before, that I sold about this time last year to a lovely gentleman in Kerry!

Thought so.

This one is indeed a 2.0l 4 cylinder carb 190 (the E at the end of 190E stands for Einspritzung, which is German for fuel injection, so this one is a 190, not a 190E)

Yes, I know it well. My Dad bought a red 190 from Tom Murphy in around 1987. On our way to Cork airport for hols about a week later he spotted a red 190E in Glanmire motors (I think) - we stopped for a few mins, and then picked it up on our way backs from our hols !

Sometimes our classic car hobby is shared with our spouses only on a "need to know" basis :pac:
    I showed it to herself. My God the reaction was priceless.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

You should have shown it to her when it was parked in your yard,

you would have got a better reaction:P

You see, if you'd have bought it you'd have got that same reaction, and you'd have a lovely Merc !:D

kadman wrote: »

snap !

RobAMerc wrote: »
    You see, if you'd have bought it you'd have got that same reaction, and you'd have a lovely Merc !:D

all in good time

Says I to the wife with a picture of Unkel’s Merc in my hand “these are nice”

Says the wife to I “No” :D

• Advertisement

500691.jpg

Linky

Only just copped that these were taken in Grange Castle.

Janey, you must fierce local to me in Griffeen!

Janey, you must fierce local to me in Griffeen!

Even closer than you think, on the other side of the main road! By all means come over for a looksee and a cup of tea :)

Says I to the wife with a picture of Unkel’s Merc in my hand “these are nice”

Says the wife to I “No” :D

AS Rocky says " Its not about how hard you can hit

Its about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward":D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/fiat-tipo/24019232

NTY2YmFmNzU3MDIzMTAxZWMyZWFkOTdmZThmMzc5ZTidRvzJAZPYaY1W1j7SNahPaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDAzOTk3OTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking 1600cc 1988 digi dash Tipo in Dublin, €1700

Loads of MOT, and only one fail for rot in its life time. I drove one of these daily for a year between 2017-18 and it was great, this would make a nice 80s classic runabout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Is it on yellow plates too?

Nice, but I’d rather the G Wagon he has for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

• Advertisement

Looks very like this advert:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1065787

and this one

https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/627180935/

The mileage is so close it'd would be hard not to compare it to F505 RHM

Advertisement