Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That E28 is a bargain! Desirable auto too, good colour, good wheels. If I didn't have my W201 I'd be very tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

its rather been on a while or certainly before - coz I recognise it. Looks good value for what seems like a fast appreciating model.

Agreed Rob. There are still plenty of 80s Mercedes-Benz around, but BMWs are getting very rare indeed and the prices started to go an a fairly steep curve up. And the E28 never sold in huge numbers new, the 5 series didn't become really popular until the E34

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Actually, I made a mistake, it was this one I'd meant to link to

Anyone else interested in this? Myself and Rob are keen, just need two more at €1500 each (pending negotiations) and it’s good to go

Yep I'm keen too. As long as you all promise not to tell my missus :D

I'd say you'd get it for well under €6k, but I'd happily stick €1500 in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'd be keen but I've ro buy a car for my daughter pretty soon so the timing is wrong for me. If you guys haven't bought by the summer I'd be more than happy to chip in,
    On condition the wife doesn't find out either.

unkel wrote: »
    I'd say you'd get it for well under €6k
    kev1.3s wrote: »
    I'd be keen but I've ro buy a car for my daughter pretty soon so the timing is wrong for me. If you guys haven't bought by the summer I'd be more than happy to chip in,
    On condition the wife doesn't find out either.

How much under 6k Unkle ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I would love to but it doesn’t really make sense as I am down the country whereas you guys are all from Dublin. I’m a bit too far away for it to be practical unfortunately. Looks a beautiful car.

Harcrid wrote: »
    I would love to but it doesn’t really make sense as I am down the country whereas you guys are all from Dublin. I’m a bit too far away for it to be practical unfortunately. Looks a beautiful car.

Doesn't make that much of a difference though. You book the car for the day (or a few days), drive up in the morning, use car for the day, park it back up and drive home :)

Harcrid, you’d be welcome to park your car at my premises where it would be safe for a day or two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Doesn't make that much of a difference though. You book the car for the day (or a few days), drive up in the morning, use car for the day, park it back up and drive home :)

It’s not that practical to drive long distances in an old classic at 10 -13 mpg at irish fuel prices, takes all the fun out of it , 100 miles is the guts of €70.

Ah no, of course not. That's not what I meant. If you're from say Wexford, you'd drive up to Dublin for the day, potter about a bit in your Roller around the Dublin area, bring it back and drive home.

Ah lads, I am looking for excuses not to join in but you lot are not helping. I'll have to sleep on it I think. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭welder

Same owner since 1993!

He worked in Trinity, retired a few years back. Prior to the Volvo
    had a lovely dark blue Mk2 Granada which was stolen, twice !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/volvo-240/24180182

YjEzZTJiMzg5NGYwZWU0OTVkYTdmMjJjNDg4OTZiMDZk7HOWNl-RxE5kmhtRJdSOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDE3ODgyMjh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking Volvo 240 on classic tax with a years test for €2250

Same owner since 1993!

Sold.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

• Registered Users Posts: 14,973 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Rare car that.
    Not sure about the paint job.
    The reg. is Dublin 1979/80 so she must be an import from that era.
    To be fair according to the magazine article the owner seems to be unaware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

Harcrid, you’d be welcome to park your car at my premises where it would be safe for a day or two
    where would you guys park the car the full time, im assuming it couldn't be left outdoors?

oceanman wrote: »
    where would you guys park the car the full time, im assuming it couldn't be left outdoors?

I have suitable indoor storage that I would be more than happy to utilise.

Anyone else giving this some consideration? We need one more :)

elperello wrote: »
    Rare car that.
    Not sure about the paint job.
    The reg. is Dublin 1979/80 so she must be an import from that era.
    To be fair according to the magazine article the owner seems to be unaware.

I think if you got rid of the red on the wheels and whitewalls, it would look much neater

Cool car for the money, that

• Advertisement

I'll pass this time reluctantly. I wish you the best and hope you can pull something together.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,057 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I would think best way to part own a car with 3 people is to have it 4 months a year each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

I would think best way to part own a car with 3 people is to have it 4 months a year each.
    which two would get the summer months?:)

We need one more :)

Do we though? I'd be happy enough to go ahead with just the three of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

The best way to part own a car is to own every part of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,973 ✭✭✭✭elperello

swarlb wrote: »
    The best way to part own a car is to own every part of it....

I'm reminded of a business acquaintance who was considering going into a partnership to take over a business.

His elderly father who had extensive experience in the commercial world advised him that "a partnership is the only ship that can't float".

(as it turned out the proposed deal never went ahead and would have ended badly if it had)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I have suitable indoor storage that I would be more than happy to utilise.

Anyone else giving this some consideration? We need one more :)

I'm tempted but it'd be a first foray into classic car ownership.

I'd be much more interested in owning a wheel of a car than a leg of a horse/dog but you do promise we won't be taking it to the track 🀣

Do we though? I'd be happy enough to go ahead with just the three of us.

I'd be happy enough to go look and see what we are talking about brass tacks to buy it.
    If we decide we can go with 3 well and good, if we need a 4th, we can look into it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-vintage/24212686

A great car to begin an adventure into the classic car scene. Cheap to run, cheap to maintain, and as reliable as anything you'll buy today. It looks like it needs recomissioning, but Ford parts are cheap, and mostly available at a motor factors.

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-vintage/24212686

A great car to begin an adventure into the classic car scene. Cheap to run, cheap to maintain, and as reliable as anything you'll buy today. It looks like it needs recomissioning, but Ford parts are cheap, and mostly available at a motor factors.

Yes. I quite like the look of that, been ogling it all day

Advertisement