Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

kadman wrote: »
    Gone. What was it?

URL says 280zx auto

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

You didn't do too bad even back then for €250

I missed out on a half decent Cortina Starcraft from the same seller for about 8 or 900 quid! Ended up buying a 1985 Renault trafic from him instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

kadman wrote: »
    Gone. What was it?
    a 1980 Datsun 280z. didn't look too bad. 2500 euro.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I missed out on a half decent Cortina Starcraft from the same seller for about 8 or 900 quid! Ended up buying a 1985 Renault trafic from him instead :(

Lucky you, its one Fugly yoke:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

That Fiesta brings back memories. My missus had one the same terracotta colour when we first met. I hated it with a vengeance. Would never start easily in the morning so she used to put an old coat or blanket over the engine at night in the winter. One morning she forgot to take off the blanket & a few miles out the road she saw the paint starting to bubble on the bonnet. Blanket caught fire & so did the car. Best thing that ever happened to it.

T.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

TigerTim wrote: »
    That Fiesta brings back memories. My missus had one the same terracotta colour when we first met. I hated it with a vengeance. Would never start easily in the morning so she used to put an old coat or blanket over the engine at night in the winter. One morning she forgot to take off the blanket & a few miles out the road she saw the paint starting to bubble on the bonnet. Blanket caught fire & so did the car. Best thing that ever happened to it.

Learned to drive in a light Blue fiesta - learned a few other things in the back seat too :pac:

My abiding memory was the catastrophic and pant browning understeer I used to get in wet conditions. How I never went front ways through a hedge with "losing my religion" blaring from the awful stereo is beyond me!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

KevRossi wrote: »
    1982 Fiesta 1.0, NCT 01/2021, €3,150

Another seller telling porky pies. He should have done a better job hiding the reg if he didn't want us to find out the car has no NCT and never had any :rolleyes:

unkel wrote: »
    Another seller telling porky pies. He should have done a better job hiding the reg if he didn't want us to find out the car has no NCT and never had any :rolleyes:

There’s a recent NCT cert in the window (going by the colours)

I’m guessing you have the wrong reg

I’m guessing you have the wrong reg

That could very well be the case of course.

I had to guess the reg as the seller is trying to disguise it. Why not just show the reg? Why the secrecy if you're not trying to hide anything? Every car I've ever had for sale has had the reg clearly visible in the pictures.

My guess was 287TZO

503174.jpg

Anyone got another guess of the reg, that matches an entry in cartell? Anyone ask the seller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,973 ✭✭✭✭elperello

He'd want to be a very poor salesman to tell such an untruth.

How would you think the conversation would go when someone rocks up to view the car?

Ad says "one owner from new"

This is a plain lie, the car is down as a 2 owner car, which is easily checked.

I recently emailed about a car on done deal, the seller told me it was 1 owner.
    I asked the seller so was it yours in the UK (ZV plate).
    The seller told me how he had brought the car in recently - making it a 1 plus 1 = 1 owner car :D

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I recently emailed about a car on done deal, the seller told me it was 1 owner.
    I asked the seller so was it yours in the UK (ZV plate).
    The seller told me how he had brought the car in recently - making it a 1 plus 1 = 1 owner car :D

In the above case it was 1 plus 1 plus 1 = 1 owner car :D

1 owner in the UK, then the 1 (and only) owner in Ireland and then the seller who owns it now...

Surely if someone buys a one owner car and sells it on without using it then it's fair enough to describe it as one owner?

One person owned and looked after a car that survived from new to be a classic.

elperello wrote: »
    Surely if someone buys a one owner car and sells it on without using it then it's fair enough to describe it as one owner?

One person owned and looked after a car that survived from new to be a classic.

A dealer, no, but if your name is on the VLC or VRC - you are an owner. +1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

TigerTim wrote: »

No temptation to pick it up so?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

Possible in theory. The car might very well have been owned by one person in Ireland for some time and maybe the car has been off the road for a long time, that could explain the lack of tax and test 10 years out

The seller is a trader though (see the stickers on the cars in the yard), and the car has 2 owners in Ireland plus an owner in the UK. If it really was a one owner car (before he bought it), he should have given us a reason to believe him

If anyone rings the seller or goes to see this car, please report back here :)

I always try to avoid jumping straight to a conclusion... a well learnt lesson during my teenage years....

I went on a date with a girl i had a crush on and she told me " I am bi... i hope you dont mind...." I had thought i had hit the jackpot.... endless possibility's ran through my mind..... which was very short lived when i realized she meant "bi polar"....

supervento wrote: »
    I always try to avoid jumping straight to a conclusion...

Nobody has come up with an alternative yet for the reg I guessed. So it looks like it's pretty safe to assume I jumped straight to the right conclusion, don't you think?

Nobody has come up with an alternative yet for the reg I guessed. So it looks like it's pretty safe to assume I jumped straight to the right conclusion, don't you think?

There is clearly a new NCT cert in the window

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

I always try to avoid jumping straight to a conclusion... a well learnt lesson during my teenage years....

I went on a date with a girl i had a crush on and she told me " I am bi... i hope you dont mind...." I had thought i had hit the jackpot.... endless possibility's ran through my mind..... which was very short lived when i realized she meant "bi polar"....
    :D

• Advertisement

There is clearly a new NCT cert in the window

You have excellent eye sight. Could you tell from the cert what the reg of the car is? :p

Could be worse, she could have said she liked "trans", and you presumed she like smokie and the bandit !

You have excellent eye sight. Could you tell from the cert what the reg of the car is? :p

No

But I’ve been doing this buying and selling thing for a while, and after probably several hundred cars I can assure you, with confidence, that people don’t lie about NCTs like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

What I am trying to say is to try get all the information before you come to a conclusion...

I was actually referring to your previous comments...

I have had it before when buying a Lexus jeep from a private person the seller said its a one owner car I have had it from new, I did a motorcheck and it showed up as two owners... turned out he was M.D of a company and bought the vehicle from the company when he retired. People can easily mix up terminology.... one owner when he should of said one keeper from new...

In relation to the fiesta advert.. have you confirmed with the seller the reg number you have is correct?

elperello wrote: »

Seller occasionally posts here

I also spotted it in 2018, check out that old trade plate!

25878845377_72f521d8a0_z.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

My guess was 287TZO

No. Never jump to conclusions. And get to Spec Savers, you can see the reg through the tape (well I can...)

MV5BMjUxZjgwOGMtYWNjMC00YjhmLWFkMmYtNTFmZmFiMzRiZjUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,999_AL_.jpg

It's 297 YZO

Anyway, NCT? Overrated ;)

Fair play, well spotted!

So the car does indeed have a valid NCT. If only the owner wouldn't have done that dodgy job trying to hide the reg...

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭jcon1913

Fair play, well spotted!

So the car does indeed have a valid NCT. If only the owner wouldn't have done that dodgy job trying to hide the reg...
    If he's done that ...sure we'd have nothing to discuss here :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Haha, yes that thought crossed my mind :D

Advertisement