Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 not2be

I hate when ads don't show a price.

I believe he wants 15/16k for it...

friend of mine went to the UK a few years ago to buy that 325i Sport but left it as it required too much work... the reg is G624OGJ

Dunno if all the work required has been sorted now....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

not2be wrote: »
    I believe he wants 15/16k for it...

friend of mine went to the UK a few years ago to buy that 325i Sport but left it as it required too much work... the reg is G624OGJ

Dunno if all the work required has been sorted now....
    16,500 is the asking price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Seweryn wrote: »
    16,500 is the asking price.

If that reg that was given is correct, it had 140k in 2008. It has 136k now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

pablo128 wrote: »
    If that reg that was given is correct, it had 140k in 2008. It has 136k now.
    It may be correct (with 1 at the front), the speedo only has 6 digits :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Seweryn wrote: »
    It may be correct (with 1 at the front), the speedo only has 6 digits :).

Do a mot history check on it. The mileage drops between 2008 and 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

this one on ebay looks like good value so - although there is a pretty horrific MOT fail the last time - seems fixed up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

CoBo55 wrote: »
    How much are you guys paying for classic insurance? I'm just trying to get an idea of figures in case I do buy that 18.

Why not ring around and ask a few companies

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

RobAMerc wrote: »
    this one on ebay looks like good value so - although there is a pretty horrific MOT fail the last time - seems fixed up now.

That's suspiciously cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Why not ring around and ask a few companies
    Just trying to get an idea of what people are paying, if I had classic insurance and someone asked I'd tell how much it cost, I certainly wouldn't give a smart answer like you did, costs nothing to be nice.. Why is this attitude so prevalent on boards?

Just trying to get an idea of what people are paying, if I had classic insurance and someone asked I'd tell how much it cost, I certainly wouldn't give a smart answer like you did, costs nothing to be nice.. Why is this attitude so prevalent on boards?
    I wasn't being smart. Quote s from insurance companies vary greatly. The only way to get an accurate quote is to give them your details and ask. I got difference of 2k in quotes late last year. If I knew you were having a sensitive moment I wouldn't have tried to help you. Stay safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I wasn't being smart. Quote s from insurance companies vary greatly. The only way to get an accurate quote is to give them your details and ask. I got difference of 2k in quotes late last year. If I knew you were having a sensitive moment I wouldn't have tried to help you. Stay safe

Ah stop. He wasn't at all. The emoji and all looks like you're being judgemental.

Sure someone even answered on the previous page.

Of course he's gonna look around, no harm throwing it out there and getting an idea of what companies seem to be half alright from actual real life customers that he knows from on here and would trust the opinions of.

And now you're being smart again, classic insurance for 2K:eek:

Ah stop. He wasn't at all. The emoji and all looks like you're being judgemental.

Sure someone even answered on the previous page.

Of course he's gonna look around, no harm throwing it out there and getting an idea of what companies seem to be half alright from actual real life customers that he knows from on here and would trust the opinions of.
    Exactly, thank you.

And now you're being smart again, classic insurance for 2K:eek:

No that was insurence for my daughter in her car much as I'd like to. I don't own a classic car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

No that was insurence for my daughter in her car much as I'd like to. I don't own a classic car

Why are you comparing apples to burgers? The man is asking about a classic policy which is nothing like a normal car policy.

To answer your question CoBo55 my policy on a 91 cr-x with a 3000 mile limit was 260 euros with Autoline.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Can we go back to discussing what everyone isn't buying?

AIl motor insurance discussions can be had in the insurance forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

Doesn't sound like a bargain per se but it does look nice. Someone mentioned before there's not much of a market for these here so €4,995 seems excessive.

Love the colour though. Quite a selection from this dealer as well.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/audi-80/24462579

509713.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/lotus-excel-se/24627162

NDM1ZDViZWYyZjNhMTIzYWY4ZjM5NTU3Nzc2N2RkY2WoBWe0KFqo3gEjZsVElpfFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDU1MTU0MDV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NjZkNWU2YmQ0NGIyYzBiZjkyZDVmNmJhYWJmNjM1OGG7OrCK-7ksMvsZoIzk9T8uaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDU1MTU0MDZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is a lot of car for 7k. NCT til November 21, low miles, loads of recent history

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

supervento wrote: »
    Not a bargain but these Land Cruisers are nice....

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/landcruiser/24605550

Ah now, that's way overpriced and they are a heap
    of shìt too, the engine, the noise, the suspension.
    Save your money

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/puegeot-504-gl/24619241?campaign=3

NGFhNjgxYzljMDdmYjY2ZGZhZTVmOWNkOTgxZTc1Yzhn7J1xVzK6ZesoRvog9OWGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDU0ODgzOTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I'm guessing it needs a good bit of work, but NCT exempt & we're assured its driving well. €2k

I saw it in 2017, it looked good then

35150898983_4e99ed8bfb_z.jpg

35150897763_c47306b01f_z.jpg

35150898553_326b3536c4_z.jpg

35150898123_c99dc01db6_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1987-205-gti-1-9/24627422

1987 205 1.9 GTI. Strong money at 12 grand. Especially when the undereseal is sprayed onto the subframe. Still would love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

1987 205 1.9 GTI. Strong money at 12 grand. Especially when the undereseal is sprayed onto the subframe. Still would love it.

Nice car, had the pleasure of driving one, was seriously fast for the time, handling was a bit skittish, but great fun, but 12 grand........ jeasus

Timeless
    around 1980 I had a summer job in the "Smithfield Fruit Market" the boss had one of these, loved the look of it.....

Garzard wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like a bargain per se but it does look nice. Someone mentioned before there's not much of a market for these here so €4,995 seems excessive.

Love the colour though. Quite a selection from this dealer as well.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/audi-80/24462579

509713.jpg

Timeless
    around 1980 I had a summer job in the "Smithfield Fruit Market" the boss had one of these, loved the look of it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

well over priced....3 grand would be closer what its worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

oceanman wrote: »
    well over priced....3 grand would be closer what its worth.

These have really taken off in asking prices over the last year or so - you wouldnt get anything for 3k now - 6k minimum I would think

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That 504 looks like a bargain!

unkel wrote: »
    That 504 looks like a bargain!

Horrible looking yokes though, at least it isn't the filling loosening diesel, my god they were rough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

supervento wrote: »
    Not a bargain but these Land Cruisers are nice....

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/landcruiser/24605550

Lot of money but tough old yokes. Had one for a number of years and was very reliable. Tough engine and auto box but thirsty as they come though. Some very rusty ones about now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RWD

Advertisement