Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

RobAMerc wrote: »
    this could be a nice little car

R5 Campus

OThiYzI4M2E4MzA0YzE0NGIyZDE3NTMxNzU0YzNhMDTT5ddj57IMkAU-Er0vwivFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTQxNzA2NDJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Looks pretty tidy in fairness, polishing up those plastic bumpers and a deep clean and it would look very well already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

this could be a nice little car

R5 Campus

Would love one of those as a runaround classic, very rare sight nowadays and they seem like pretty simple, cheap things to maintain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭con747

A little bit of work needed but nice, Rolls Royce Silver Spirit 1981 €5900 https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/rolls-royce-silver-spirit-1981/25706321
    Take a chance? Nissan bluebird 1989 €850 Restoration https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/miss-bluebird-16-petrol/25704853
    LHD 1983 VW JETTA 1.3 €2900 https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1983-vw-jetta-1-3/25702904

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

con747 wrote: »
    A little bit of work needed but nice, Rolls Royce Silver Spirit 1981 €5900 https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/rolls-royce-silver-spirit-1981/25706321
    Take a chance? Nissan bluebird 1989 €850 Restoration https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/miss-bluebird-16-petrol/25704853
    LHD 1983 VW JETTA 1.3 €2900 https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1983-vw-jetta-1-3/25702904

I think that's the cheapest Bluebird I've seen in a long, long time and probably with good reason....tis rough!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

kaizersoze wrote: »
    I think that's the cheapest Bluebird I've seen in a long, long time and probably with good reason....tis rough!

The question I always ask about bluebirds is why? They were a dreadful car, underpowered to the point of being dangerous, nah they never did it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

CoBo55 wrote: »
    The question I always ask about bluebirds is why? They were a dreadful car, underpowered to the point of being dangerous, nah they never did it for me.

What are you on about? The Bluebird was made by Nissan when most Japaneese were showing how to make a realiable car. Ther wouldn't light up the road, but it was on a par with most cars of it's kind of the day. And was most certainly not dangerous.

What are you on about? The Bluebird was made by Nissan when most Japaneese were showing how to make a realiable car. Ther wouldn't light up the road, but it was on a par with most cars of it's kind of the day. And was most certainly not dangerous.

They were shockingly underpowered and that was when they were current, the aul lads 1.4 Renault 18 was faster and it was on LPG. Everyone I knew who had one complained about it, you definitely couldn't overtake anything faster than a high Nellie...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

They were shockingly underpowered and that was when they were current, the aul lads 1.4 Renault 18 was faster and it was on LPG. Everyone I knew who had one complained about it, you definitely couldn't overtake anything faster than a high Nellie...
    i had a few of them back in the day, never found anything wrong with them, apart from the usual rust problems. far nicer to drive than a ford cortina.

oceanman wrote: »
    i had a few of them back in the day, never found anything wrong with them, apart from the usual rust problems. far nicer to drive than a ford cortina.

Yes, definitely more refined than a cortina but rusted even more quickly than Henry’s offering to the masses...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

lads that Bluebird was from 89 - I think it would want to have been better to drive than a cortina ! or an Austin A40
    it certainly wasnt better to drive than its contemporary's however

• Advertisement

lads that Bluebird was from 89 - I think it would want to have been better to drive than a cortina ! or an Austin A40
    it certainly wasnt better to drive than its contemporary's however

True true, the Sierra would have been a nicer drive than the bluebird. Anyway I think enough has been said about the bluebird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

1969 Riley Elf 1275 cc only 2 owners !!

www.mcdcars.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

noelf wrote: »

I see you can have your car valued without them seeing it! Yeah right!!

Reasonable looking VW Caravelle Carat for sale too. €30,000 max to the right buyer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

oceanman wrote: »

It's for sale for a bit now. Maybe it has hidden problems that only seen on viewing. Mind you, it does look like the passenger door has a nasty ding on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Nice colour, but it's blistering in all the wrong places. No reg plate and no mention of an NCT/MOT. Worth a look if you're in the market for one and are happy to do a rolling resto.

KevRossi wrote: »
    Nice colour, but it's blistering in all the wrong places. No reg plate and no mention of an NCT/MOT. Worth a look if you're in the market for one and are happy to do a rolling resto.

I'd say she's a whole ball of trouble definitely one for the braver person.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That seller has had a few of those up before, all pretty cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

That seller has had a few of those up before, all pretty cheap.

He imports 4 or 5 mercs a week. Buddy of mine bought the red one he had up yesterday.

• Advertisement

I'd say she's a whole ball of trouble definitely one for the braver person.

Parts car!

The interior is shagged, its sitting way too low and there is no mention if the hood works. The EZL unit for the ignition on this model is no longer available and they are all failing. If anyone wants an SL drop me a PM. Im selling my 1999 SL320, an ex MB Club Concours entrant

He imports 4 or 5 mercs a week. Buddy of mine bought the red one he had up yesterday.

I'm in the market for a 190 or W124, he was the first man to spring to mind. Watching the classifieds every morning to see what goes up

w124man wrote: »
    The interior is shagged, its sitting way too low and there is no mention if the hood works. The EZL unit for the ignition on this model is no longer available and they are all failing. If anyone wants an SL drop me a PM. Im selling my 1999 SL320, an ex MB Club Concours entrant

Whats wrong with the interior?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

This seller has been discussed about before on here...

The stuff he seems to bring over seems to be reflected in the price I think, seller seems fairly honest In his descriptions and It seems his ads are not misleading anyone about what his selling... seems to be buying at low price and selling at a reasonable price...

If you want perfect you need to pay the price...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm in the market for a 190 or W124, he was the first man to spring to mind. Watching the classifieds every morning to see what goes up

I know of a 97 s280 w140 if it's any good to you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

there is no mention if the hood works.

I'm reading this as it has a working hood.

"every thing works as it should roof in all works"

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement

This has made it's way down from €15,000 to just over €8,000. It was never a 15 grand car in the first place, and is getting to it's true value now.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-730i-quick-sale/25729817?campaign=3

NTkwNDVlOWZiNmMwNTIzMmFkZjI0NTM4NTQ4MmI4NDDLd-XDyfwvHcia6ld_5yPbaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTQ1ODM1OTJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Advertisement