Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What's the story with the 404? It looks like it's still on either Dutch or Portuguese original plates so must be a RHD conversion?

Also looks familiar. Was it posted here before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

kadman wrote: »
    My dad had one in the early 80s. It was a diesel 7 seater in a horrible primer grey colour. And loud as fcuk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

sligojoek wrote: »
    I know of a 97 s280 w140 if it's any good to you

Price ? Details ?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

unkel wrote: »
    What's the story with the 404? It looks like it's still on either Dutch or Portuguese original plates so must be a RHD conversion?

Also looks familiar. Was it posted here before?

Its on irish plates, but up for a while, 70KE519

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

This looks good.
    pug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

RobAMerc wrote: »
    This looks good.
    pug

One of a large collection being sold by a prominent Peugeot collector.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

ba_barabus wrote: »

Plates in the boot are off a 1973 Peugeot 504.

305 was a very decent car in its day, would still make a good daily or weekend car. That one is very clean, I know of no Irish ones that were not in the hands of farmers at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

I stumbled across a Peugeot barn collection last weekend. 505's to beat the band, and other large Peugeots. Some were French reg. Maybe 15 cars under the barn roof. Lots more cars outside. Not all Peugeots. It's near Kilkenny, like this seller, but not Kilkenny.

I asked about the owner, and was told "he's fcuk1ng nuts". Pity. It seems it's a hoard more than a collection.

I stumbled across a Peugeot barn collection last weekend. 505's to beat the band, and other large Peugeots. Some were French reg. Maybe 15 cars under the barn roof. Lots more cars outside. Not all Peugeots. It's near Kilkenny, like this seller, but not Kilkenny.

I asked about the owner, and was told "he's fcuk1ng nuts". Pity. It seems it's a hoard more than a collection.

I know the hoard you're talking about. All the cars including a lof of Irish reg 604s drove in there....and yes he is eccentric

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Price ? Details ?
    Thanks

Under 100,000 miles. Originally a Belfast car. Stored indoors for last 10 years. Owner is an old friend of mine who put it away cos of tax. He was going to keep it till it was 30 but got a newer cheaper tax merc since. I put up pics of it here before before. I'll try and find them.

I appreciate this is not a buy and sell tread. I can PM his number if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭con747

Not sure what to make of this, 1958 Rover 90 €300 ?? https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1958-rover-90/25778841

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

con747 wrote: »
    Not sure what to make of this, 1958 Rover 90 €300 ?? https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1958-rover-90/25778841

€3000 I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

con747 wrote: »

already gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

I know the hoard you're talking about. All the cars including a lof of Irish reg 604s drove in there....and yes he is eccentric

Did he have any 605s? Always fancied having one again.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

80sDiesel wrote: »
    Did he have any 605s? Always fancied having one again.

Hard to find another as nice as this for €2,250 asking. Leather and all.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/peugeot-605srdt/25755014

Not sure how the NOX would work out though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

elperello wrote: »
    Not sure how the NOX would work out though.

€4850 - there's no way a Euro 2 diesel is going to be less. A Euro 2 diesel won't have a separate NOx figure, the standard is HC+NOx combined not exceeding 700mg. The cap of €4850 is reached by the time you get to 250mg NOx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Thanks didn’t see that ad before. Had exact copy but in blue. That nox Bill is a killer!

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

80sDiesel wrote: »
    That nox Bill is a killer!

It is right enough, but not applicable if you stick to 80sDiesels
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Is there anyway to remove the diesel unit and just import the rest of the car to avoid the Nox charge?

Would it have to be changed on the v5 first and then imported?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is there anyway to remove the diesel unit and just import the rest of the car to avoid the Nox charge?

Would it have to be changed on the v5 first and then imported?

Pretty sure you cannot NCT/VRT a car with no engine.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Pretty sure you cannot NCT/VRT a car with no engine.

You can vrt it alright but it'll be what is on the paperwork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

You can vrt it alright

Cant VRT a non runner. Cant even VRT it on a trailer. The car has to arrive for inspection under its own power. Its on theVRT website

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-model-y/25796181

MmY5YjBiYzU0YmNlOWFmNDQwY2RhMzc4OGM3MWFlMzRXnEhLJ2IDPjt7z-S5OjcQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTUxNzUwNjh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This looks like a lovely little car for €7k.

Original Irish and everything

Or on the other end of the spectrum, for the same money...

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-250se/25794549

YmJjNzI3MjQxNjg1YWRmMzZhMjlhZjg5NzUzMDQ3NTiCirJmtcXrZ3B6k8kikoANaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTUxNTg0MzZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

MmQ1ZTc0M2I4NWU3NGJlZjdjNDY3YjNhNjE3ZmE0NTVF9TCl_Gyx-zVZmu3x7r8taHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTUxNTg0NDB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

w124man wrote: »
    Cant VRT a non runner. Cant even VRT it on a trailer. The car has to arrive for inspection under its own power. Its on theVRT website

Is that a recent change? I know someone who imported a non runner and presented it on a trailer about 3 years ago.

No, but it really depends who you get.

I've have driven a couple of newer cars to the NCTS. Maybe they saw me arriving through the window. Maybe they assumed I hadn't pushed it from round the corner. They never asked me to start it and move it. Maybe they save that request to people that rock up with trailers and boxes of bits. I've no idea.

You can rock up on a trailer, but be prepared to show them it's capable of moving under it's own power.
    (d) is capable of achieving vehicle propulsion at the time of registration or at the time of examination by a competent person under section 135D(1)(d), to the satisfaction of the Commissioners, including a motor-cycle but not including a tramcar or other vehicle running on permanent rails or a vehicle including a cycle with an attachment for propelling it by mechanical power not exceeding 400 kilograms in weight unladen adapted and used for invalids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Or on the other end of the spectrum, for the same money...

MmQ1ZTc0M2I4NWU3NGJlZjdjNDY3YjNhNjE3ZmE0NTVF9TCl_Gyx-zVZmu3x7r8taHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTUxNTg0NDB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

that is so cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭911s

w124man wrote: »

Brought an old G Wagen for VRT in Northpoint just before Christmas. Didn’t have to take it off trailer or start engine.

Advertisement