Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

KevRossi wrote: »
    4 door was launched in 1981. It was facelifted in 1985/86, that one has a post-facelift body.

You could *technically* order a 4 door in 1980 - made by Monteverdi in Italy.

But this is not one!! :P

Its obviously a later body on an earlier chassis. Questionable legally: depends on how you define the "substantial modification" in the tax rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

But this is not one!! :P

Its obviously a later body on an earlier chassis. Questionable legally: depends on how you define the "substantial modification" in the tax rules.

the chassis is the vehicle for a Range rover. what is bolted on top of the chassis is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I think we have covered that before and I don't think it is questionable legally. As long as the chassis is classic, that makes the whole car classic. Questionably morally maybe :p

In some other jurisdictions like the Netherlands, it has to have 2 out of 3: engine- drivetrain / chassis / body to be classic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Monteverdi were Swiss. They used ot have a museum in Basel on the site of the old factory, but it closed a couple of years ago. It's moved to the Swiss Transport Museum in Lucerne. I have been to the old Monteverdi museum and it's one of the best I've ever been to. You'd still see a fair few of them when I was working in and out of Zurich and Geneva in the early 90's. I always loved their cars, and manufacturers like Bizzarini and Iso.

The transport museum in Lucerne is somewhere I'd also highly recommend if you're in the area, though i haven't been there since Monteverdi moved there.

unkel wrote: »
    I think we have covered that before and I don't think it is questionable legally. As long as the chassis is classic, that makes the whole car classic. Questionably morally maybe :p

In some other jurisdictions like the Netherlands, it has to have 2 out of 3: engine- drivetrain / chassis / body to be classic

there are supposed to be some Discoverys driving around on classic plates where the body was transplanted to the "chassis" of a classic range rover. In reality all that remains of the original chassis is the VIN plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Ko Chow

https://i.postimg.cc/J0BV6Nbq/ZDRj-OTNh-ZGQ4-Y2-E3-NWVk-Zj-A1-Nm-Rj-MDk0-Ym-Q4-Yz-Fk-Nj-CW765t-Wimj-Nq3ko-EL1-Ag-Ua-HR0c-Dov-L3-Mz-LWV1-LXdlc3-Qt-MS5hb-WF6b25h.jpg

Needs trailering, been laid up a few years so brakes, probably tyres and some hoses and a service, and has a hole in a sill.

If that's all that's wrong with it & it's not hiding any horrors (and you have the skills to DIY which sadly I don't), this would make a lovely little nostalgia wagon. Never mind the cosmetic issues, i'd lose the trims and leave the rest as is.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/original-1986-k10-nissan-micra/25540526

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Ko Chow wrote: »
    https://i.postimg.cc/J0BV6Nbq/ZDRj-OTNh-ZGQ4-Y2-E3-NWVk-Zj-A1-Nm-Rj-MDk0-Ym-Q4-Yz-Fk-Nj-CW765t-Wimj-Nq3ko-EL1-Ag-Ua-HR0c-Dov-L3-Mz-LWV1-LXdlc3-Qt-MS5hb-WF6b25h.jpg

Needs trailering, been laid up a few years so brakes, probably tyres and some hoses and a service, and has a hole in a sill.

If that's all that's wrong with it & it's not hiding any horrors (and you have the skills to DIY which sadly I don't), this would make a lovely little nostalgia wagon. Never mind the cosmetic issues, i'd lose the trims and leave the rest as is.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/original-1986-k10-nissan-micra/25540526

That was posted a few weeks back. Was up for 950 then.

I don't recall the mention of the sill issues then. Someone could correct me here.

It's a lovely wee thing that I'd have in a heartbeat depending on the level of pain therein. If I had space.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭con747

That was posted a few weeks back. Was up for 950 then.

I don't recall the mention of the sill issues then. Someone could correct me here.

It's a lovely wee thing that I'd have in a heartbeat depending on the level of pain therein. If I had space.

Nearly sure I posted it a while back, add seems the same with the pictures and location.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

con747 wrote: »
    Nearly sure I posted it a while back, add seems the same with the pictures and location.

Yeah. It was posted on 28/08 or thereabouts and I'm basing that on me sending the link to a mate in WhatsApp.

I just don't remember the comments about the hole in the sill.

Yeah. It was posted on 28/08 or thereabouts and I'm basing that on me sending the link to a mate in WhatsApp.

I just don't remember the comments about the hole in the sill.

#6269 was the post, 27/8 the add was the same ok. the sills were mentioned. Still make a cheap run around if half ok.

• Advertisement

#6269 was the post, 27/8 the add was the same ok. the sills were mentioned. Still make a cheap run around if half ok.

Oh aye. Just one thing that would put me off given my lack of welding ability :) that and no space.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Same guy that bought my BX a few months back. Nice guy and easy to deal with. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Oh aye. Just one thing that would put me off given my lack of welding ability :) that and no space.

You dont need fancy welding skills for sills.

They are predominantly spot welded. If you can press a button, then you can spot weld a sill.

Of course you need to remove the old sill, by drilling out the spot welds.

Its not rocket science, and plenty of youtubes to help you.

Go on....you know you want to:D

kadman wrote: »

They are predominantly spot welded. If you can press a button, then you can spot weld a sill.

I'll send her down to you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Finding steel to spot weld the new sill on to is usually the main problem!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Finding steel to spot weld the new sill on to is usually the main problem!!

True, but a good inspection will tell you whether its sills only, or worse.

9times out of 10, its worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

KevRossi wrote: »
    Monteverdi were Swiss. They used ot have a museum in Basel on the site of the old factory, but it closed a couple of years ago. It's moved to the Swiss Transport Museum in Lucerne. I have been to the old Monteverdi museum and it's one of the best I've ever been to. You'd still see a fair few of them when I was working in and out of Zurich and Geneva in the early 90's. I always loved their cars, and manufacturers like Bizzarini and Iso.

The transport museum in Lucerne is somewhere I'd also highly recommend if you're in the area, though i haven't been there since Monteverdi moved there.

Im pretty sure Monteverdi had them modified at the Fissore factory outside Turin, in Italy.

Yes, Monteverdi are Swiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

dunno how much longer people can keep ignoring this - or maybe there is a bit more wrong with it than pics suggest

ZmFlNGEwM2Q1NDc1NmE1OTI4MTU1MDdjNTQzYzk4NWV-LEzmUJkapL5JMTbZ6B0PaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIwMjIyOTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Link to ad?

Not your ornery onager

True, but a good inspection will tell you whether its sills only, or worse.

9times out of 10, its worse.

10 times:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

this

ZmFlNGEwM2Q1NDc1NmE1OTI4MTU1MDdjNTQzYzk4NWV-LEzmUJkapL5JMTbZ6B0PaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIwMjIyOTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg[/QUOTE]

RobAMerc wrote: »
    dunno how much longer people can keep ignoring this - or maybe there is a bit more wrong with it than pics suggest

ZmFlNGEwM2Q1NDc1NmE1OTI4MTU1MDdjNTQzYzk4NWV-LEzmUJkapL5JMTbZ6B0PaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIwMjIyOTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Looks like a yoke that was trashed as a getaway car and is being sold off by the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

If anyone is interested in that W124, feel free to drop me a PM. I viewed it a few weeks. It’s a lovely and honest car, but not perfect of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

It seems a pity to break it, but are they worth nothing more since the head gasket and gearbox are kaput?

1995 Range Rover

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/range-rover-4-0-1995-breaking/25829776

It seems a pity to break it, but are they worth nothing more since the head gasket and gearbox are kaput?

1995 Range Rover

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/range-rover-4-0-1995-breaking/25829776

The P38 really has aged very well hasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

that steering wheel looks a lot older than the mileage would suggest

this is my fathers range rover

this is my fathers range rover

and?

I was waiting for something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

The P38 really has aged very well hasn't it?

It has. And from the pictures that one looks good. From the pictures.

Just seems a shame to scrap that one over something that could be sorted relatively easy. A change of gearbox, and head gasket, and you'd be on your way.

Advertisement