Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's horrible. And I don't think I've ever used that word for a W116. What was the owner thinking spraying a colour like that. MOT also out nearly a decade, what idiot owned this car in the mean time? No surprise the current owner is looking to sell, chrome wheel arches and all. Bloody rotten looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

unkel wrote: »
    That's horrible. And I don't think I've ever used that word for a W116. What was the owner thinking spraying a colour like that. MOT also out nearly a decade, what idiot owned this car in the mean time? No surprise the current owner is looking to sell, chrome wheel arches and all. Bloody rotten looking car.

No. Get off the fence. Tell us how you really feel :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

The location pics seem familiar.
    Was that car up before?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

That merc doesnt look a million miles from the OEM greens of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

874 Citrusgreen I think.

70's had some wild colours alright, better than the shaeds of silver and grey that we have today.

I thought it looked OK in the photos, at that price it probably needs something doing, but it's worth a look.

• Advertisement

KevRossi wrote: »
    I thought it looked OK in the photos, at that price it probably needs something doing, but it's worth a look.

Bring very dark sunglasses and be prepared to wear them any time you go near that car :pac:

Bloody awful. And I'm quite tolerant when it comes to colours of cars. Except white. And my last Mercedes was white, so I'm not even that strict :p

I actually like the colour. Fits well in with the era. I had a 350 in Navy and I'd prefer the green tbh.

Easy to find in a car park too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

oceanman wrote: »
    Nice one. The colour is factory original and good looking. From the era when cars were actually painted after being primed (unlike today).

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

I was horrified initially, but it's grown on me, especially if it's from the Mercedes palette. Might actually be alright in the flesh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

RobAMerc wrote: »
    love that SD1 - a poor mans Daytona !

There seems to be a lot of stuff for sale in Donegal lately no ?
    Yep, the cants are going back and forward over the border and bringing the virus with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

I love the colour too. Period correct and no mention of any spray job.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

I'd rather it a racing green but it's still nice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1992-honda-legend-jap-import/26299401

N2JkNTcyMjRhOTk4Nzc4OWNlMTQ5YzI1ZmE1ZGZiZWHaYqnoELhvKLn5XDe8o_vgaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjAyNTgzNzl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This will be nice when its on classic tax

Seller will be a while waiting for €5k though I think

Dreamer. Car was last tested 14 years ago. Probably never ever taxed :p

Legend is a pretty meh car anyway, aimed at overweight Americans who don't mind / don't even know it's FWD and a lame V6 engine. I do like the velours seats though. You can do so much better for your 5 grand. If I wanted a Japanese saloon for that sort of budget, I would get a Lexus LS400 V8. A pretty mint one at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

correct: my uncle has one in that shade (or very close to), for 20+ years....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

galwaytt wrote: »
    correct: my uncle has one in that shade (or very close to), for 20+ years....

I think it’s a class colour and really suits the car/ era.

Even if I had a spare 150k I don’t think I’d buy a new S class in the colour mind you

Casati wrote: »

Even if I had a spare 150k I don’t think I’d buy a new S class in the colour mind you
    Very much of its day, simpler times and simpler tastes.

That's horrible. And I don't think I've ever used that word for a W116.
    I actually like the colour.
    I like it
    Seweryn wrote: »
    Nice one. The colour is factory original and good looking.
    outfox wrote: »
    I was horrified initially, but it's grown on me.
    80sDiesel wrote: »
    I love the colour too.
    McCrack wrote: »
    Casati wrote: »
    Andrew33 wrote: »
    Very much of its day, simpler times and simpler tastes.

4k6rtz.jpg

McCrack wrote: »
    As in “BRITISH Racing Green”????
    Like putting swastikas on a Spitfire except the other way round.
    Wrong on so many levels.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

lovely but the 912 seems to miss the point of owning a Porsche (911) no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Paganism

Love it ..... first time virgin poster car but hi to all

only one word. Pure.

I guess they’re best understood along the same lines as a Cayman....a car for those who can’t afford a 911 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Haha @KevRossi :D

I actually love green on a classic Mercedes but my idea of classy is thistle green metallic (881) a fairly common colour of the early 80s. People in the 70s just used far too many drugs so it seems. The fashion was brutal too :p

Oh no. You need to do a lot more reading up! It's not for nothing that the 912 has gone up far more in value relative to the 911 of the same era over the last 10-20 years. And that's coming from me, I usually turn up my nose at 4 pot engines when instead you could have a 6, 8, 10 or 12 :D

con747 wrote: »

I guess I will be the only one who hates the look of that too? And you all love it? I mustn't have any class or sense of style :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭con747

I guess I will be the only one who hates the look of that too? And you all love it? I mustn't have any class or sense of style :p

In fairness i'm not in fan of it either!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Oh no. You need to do a lot more reading up! It's not for nothing that the 912 has gone up far more in value relative to the 911 of the same era over the last 10-20 years. And that's coming from me, I usually turn up my nose at 4 pot engines when instead you could have a 6, 8, 10 or 12 :D

Oh, I know exactly what it is - but I still see it closer related to the Beetle than the 911 :P Its just the sound of the air cooled 6 pot is so distinctive its an intrinsic part of the car.

I could only own one of these if I already had a 911 I think is what I am saying.

Advertisement