Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

w124man wrote: »
    Those R129's are hard to sell. I eventually sold mine after 12 months and it was a very good one! The drivers seat has collapsed on both cars making them even more uncomfortable than they already are.

An R129 on a ZV plate just doesn't look right though!

Just out of curiosity why did you find them uncomfortable? Is it that the seats were too low, or was it the ride quality, or something else?

Just interested as I know you're very knowledgeable on Merc's, and I have an eye on one, once I get the house purchase out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

To be fair the guy selling the burgundy one, all of his cars are reasonably priced and usually sold within a week-ish. This is the fourth cheap R129 he has had up

Yes, he seems to turn them out at a good rate alright, and he doesnt claim they are minters like a lot of dealers out there.
    I could be tempted with this. ( I'll be on the divorce thread next week mind you... )
    Pity this isnt a 500 but the one in limerick went in 3 days !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-e23-735i/26403389

Strong money for an E23 that needs work. €10,500

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-e23-1984/26390384

ZjhiOWY5MzkxMGQ1MmVkOGUwNzYzNjc3YjU2NmI1ZmWrN7Bkmhtao4AMEDxBmBUOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjExMTc0MzR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking e23 728i

Curiously not on classic tax!

Fantasy Island... I hate that phrase" just testing the waters" (yea for some gob****e to come along)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Those wheels and tyres just look so wrong. https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26320032

• Advertisement

And here we have a gluten intolerant Toyota! https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26404227

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Andrew33 wrote: »
    And here we have a gluten intolerant Toyota! https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26404227

I'd actually love that tbh

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    I'd actually love that tbh

I wouldn’t disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

KevRossi wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity why did you find them uncomfortable? Is it that the seats were too low, or was it the ride quality, or something else?

Just interested as I know you're very knowledgeable on Merc's, and I have an eye on one, once I get the house purchase out of the way.

I've never driven an R129 myself. But I found it hard to get comfortable in a W123 coupe I had years ago. Any time I was a passenger in an R107, I found them similarly uncomfortable. The W140 is the first Merc I've driven with truly comfy seats. I don't know where the R129 fits in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

con747 wrote: »

Can’t see that original Irish reg SAAB lasting long.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'd imagine not many originally Irish 70s Saabs still around. I've always had a weak for them, in particular the 3 door ones. That said the car is fairly rough looking and the asking price is strong.

That Mercedes is horrific and way overpriced, con747 :p

unkel wrote: »
    I'd imagine not many originally Irish 70s Saabs still around. I've always had a weak for them, in particular the 3 door ones. That said the car is fairly rough looking and the asking price is strong.

Apart from the wheels that’s a tidy Merc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭con747

I think the first picture kind of blurred my eyes:eek:

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Apart from the wheels that’s a tidy Merc.

Yeah a tidy Merc. Apart from the wheels, the spoiler, the colour, the manual gearbox, the high mileage and the fact it hasn't had an NCT in over 10 years.

If it passes the NCT it would be a decent buy for half his asking price. If it was in Dublin.

Yeah a tidy Merc. Apart from the wheels, the spoiler, the colour, the manual gearbox, the high mileage and the fact it hasn't had an NCT in over 10 years.

If it passes the NCT it would be a decent buy for half his asking price. If it was in Dublin.

First four items on your list are subjective and I won’t disagree on the money. The wheels ARE disgusting.

What lies under the black is what I'd be inspecting very very closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

The colour, spoiler, wheels and the U-Change-It gearbox I can live with!

But 11 years without NCT, and all that "alleged" recent work? What's going on there? Could be just a chancer going through receipts from last 30 years and car got nothing recently.

I have no reason not to believe the seller that all that work was done. I checked and the car is booked in for an NCT and all, just as he said. It's just the car looks skangered up and the asking price is ridiculous for what he is selling. At the very least he could have waited putting the ad up with that asking price until at least it had passed the test and had a 2 year NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

KevRossi wrote: »

The seats are not the best on a long journey and most drivers I have spoken to in the MB club would agree. There is zero security if you are chucking it around the back roads. Im in my mid 60's and getting out isnt easy. I had planned to use it for holidays in Europe but the fact that we were both knackered after 100 miles. Such a pity because they are really great cars - if you get a good one and there are so many heaps around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

Those wheels and tyres just look so wrong. https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26320032

Christ on a bike! After market alloys

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Anyone fancy a classic commercial?

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1987-austin-maestro-van-1275-cc-500-city-classic/26417396

Looks solid and you won't see another one.

elperello wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a classic commercial?

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1987-austin-maestro-van-1275-cc-500-city-classic/26417396

Looks solid and you won't see another one.

Strong enough money but as you say, find another one. I like it. I'd take out that plywood, there's nothing like the cold steel around your neck of a cold morning to wake you up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I’d absolutely love that Maestro

6 new tyres fitted!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

It is nice in fairness a throwback to when practically everything was petrol, diesels were unheard of in anything smaller than a artic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

CoBo55 wrote: »
    It is nice in fairness a throwback to when practically everything was petrol, diesels were unheard of in anything smaller than a artic.
    plenty of diesel cars around in 87....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

It'll slowly drop in price, then be gutted for parts in a year or two. No effort made on the ad or to do something with what looks to be a salvageable car. Photos, blurb is like the seller is just taking the mick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

6 new tyres fitted!

Two spare wheels, one underneath and one in the back.

Wouldn't like to be driving around with the one in the back, could do some damage in a crash.

Advertisement